Shipping Issues - Cancelling Order

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonsos.  What is going on with shipping???  I just cancelled a $1,500 order because no one can give me a straight answer on what is going on.  Just “waiting and supply chain” noise.  I mean this is what, 3 years in, and that's still your excuse.  Nowhere on the order page was any of that mentioned?  I feel like you are trying to pull a fast one hoping I will sit for weeks waiting.  

Can someone please give me a straight answer.  I still want the product and have other Sonos products, but this is really spooking me and making me consider changing course.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

This is a community website. While there are Sonos moderators, the sales group and shipping groups do not have a presence here, or the ability to respond, unfortunately. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Fair enough.  Well is anyone else getting the runaround with shipping?  If so, how long did it sit in “preparing to ship”? before they did anything.  No company on earth should take a week to ship without mentioning it.  That is the main point of my frustration and I am sure there are others.  

Badge +5

Sonos order processing is a mess at this moment. While you are not receiving anything, other people like me are getting duplicate orders.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/sonos-has-accidentally-sent-customers-extra-speakers-as-gifts

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yikes.  So I guess the way they are fixing it is to make all the paying customers mad by grinding shipping to a halt.  You would think they may want the revenue from customers who want to buy a product to cover the massive loss that is coming from this.  Guess not.  Well played Sonos.  

Sonsos.  What is going on with shipping???  I just cancelled a $1,500 order because no one can give me a straight answer on what is going on.  Just “waiting and supply chain” noise.  I mean this is what, 3 years in, and that's still your excuse.  Nowhere on the order page was any of that mentioned?  I feel like you are trying to pull a fast one hoping I will sit for weeks waiting.  

Can someone please give me a straight answer.  I still want the product and have other Sonos products, but this is really spooking me and making me consider changing course.

i am facing same issue with shipping 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

A while back people were waiting months after paying for Arc's, other's were just rolling up and buying them from the shops.. 

It seems you may be better off buying from a retailer..

Same issue here, going on 3 weeks sitting in “Preparing to Ship” for a refurbished Beam. Last time I ordered one I got it in under a week, so fast that I even commented how impressed I was. Extremely let down to see this going one. Support gave me a nonsensical response after 4 days! 

If I wasn’t buying refurbished, I’d absolutely just go to a reseller. What’s worse is I’m just getting back into the Sonos ecosystem and planned to go all in, with likely a few thousand in purchases. Really not sure how to proceed at this point. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have been backing off. I actually just sent everything back after finally getting it.  The new sub I ordered had a nick in it.  Talked to support and they could not help then they could not find someone in sales to help.  After the whole shipping and sales issue, then a QC issue, then a support issue I am done for a while.  I really hope Sonos gets it together again.  I have never had issues like this before, but it does make me worry about the future.  I will just stick to used.  That way I will not be mad when my $900 sound bar breaks and I cannot get good support.  Just not willing to risk it right now.  

Anyone want to take bets that I have to do a CC chargeback to get my refund?  

If you can report back how the refund plays out, I’d like to hear. My thought was, if I cancel, I’ll probably be spending another 2-3 weeks trying to get a refund, so may be better off just waiting to see if it ships. I used PayPal so the dispute process is straight forward but you do have to wait a bit. 

If you can report back how the refund plays out, I’d like to hear. My thought was, if I cancel, I’ll probably be spending another 2-3 weeks trying to get a refund, so may be better off just waiting to see if it ships. I used PayPal so the dispute process is straight forward but you do have to wait a bit. 

I always thought that Sonos did not take any payment until the ordered device(s) is/are actually shipped?

That’s been my own personal experience.

I was charged immediately. 

I was charged immediately. 

Maybe it’s a PayPal thing then, I wasn’t charged on my debit card until the order was shipped.

You can always speak to the Sonos Sales Staff via this link about your order:

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help

Userlevel 2
Badge

So next question for everyone.  How long did it take Sonos to receive your items after sending them back? 

They were delivered early on 6/22 and so far one out of two items has been received even though they were delivered at the same time.  I know I am probably overthinking it, but my expectations are super low at this point.  I will say the RMA process was very easy which is great.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

A while back people were waiting months after paying for Arc's, other's were just rolling up and buying them from the shops.. 

I wish I could.   Problem is I have like 6 15% off codes I need to burn.  I wish Sonos would allow those to be used at a retailer somehow.  It would solve so many issues.

I was told the refurbished Beam (gen 1) I purchased on 6/5 is backordered. I don’t believe this, as I’ve previously observed that they just remove items from being available for purchase as refurbished if they don’t have them available. It’s still listed on the website. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

So refund went smoothly and return process was easy.  I will say they are solid for returns.  I am just surprised the purchasing process is such a mess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I wish I could.   Problem is I have like 6 15% off codes I need to burn.  I wish Sonos would allow those to be used at a retailer somehow.  It would solve so many issues.

You can buy an Arc from a  few well known retailers in the UK £100 cheaper than Sonos with next day delivery, that's 11% off just by shopping around (and it will arrive next day..).

My product finally shipped, it took 25 days from the initial order. Good luck all! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow, that is an insane lead time in the age of two day shipping.  I really hope they tighten it up soon.  I love the Sonos ecosystem but think they need to get out of direct sales altogether.  It is obviously not their strong suit.  Maybe figure out a way to do targeted coupons with a retailer to honor the upgrade offers?  Refurbs through a retailer?