Answered

Roam vs Charge 5

Hello and thank you for allowing me to join the group!!

I am looking to purchase a Portable Blue tooth speaker. I have narrowed my choices between the Sonos Roam and the JBL Charge 5. I am torn between the two. I really like the versatility of the Roam but am not impressed with the reviews about the battery life, sound quality, inability to connect , soundstage, and distortion and higher volumes. The Charge 5 seems like a better choice regarding these aspects but it lacks all the possible features of the Roam. I really like the AirPlay feature of the Roam but if it is troublesome, I would be very frustrated with the Roam. 

I was hoping for some guidance and input from anyone who would offer some advice in which may be the better choice.  Thank you so much for any help!!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 9 May 2022, 04:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Do you have any other SONOS speakers?

Userlevel 7

Purchase both so you can test them for yourself. Keep the speaker you like the best and return the other one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you just want a Bluetooth speaker but no more you might want to pass on a Sonos.

If you want a Sonos speaker that brings you the full Sonos system and does Bluetooth then the Roam. You might want to read more on the Roam to see what you’d get and what would be missing from a non-Sonos option.

I have several Sonos and a couple Bluetooth speakers and find both types fit their niche well, better than they fit each other’s.

Thanks for the replies! I do not own any other Sonos speakers so this would be a stand alone. I own an iPhone that i like the feature of AirPlay but have read multiple reviews and comments on the Sonos Roam issues with connectivity. The Sonos Roam lists several great features but the reviews and comments I have researched state that those features have been troublesome, especially the connectivity to Bluetooth and AirPlay, the sound quality, and battery life to highlight a few. That's why I was hoping  to gather input from individuals who have experience with the Sonos Roam.

Thank you everyone for your guidance and hope to hear more so I can make an informed decision.!    

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@GSRR Rosie I think if Sonos is an ecosystem that you might explore further then it’s a great entry. I think a lot of the people complaining are on the edges and exceptions to the rule. I have the Roam and have had absolutely no issues with what it says it does and what it actually does. Take that with a grain of salt and I agree if you can try them both and return the other.