Answered

Replacement for

• 10 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I am using an old Soundbridge 100 and Zoneplayer 90 system, which Sonos system would give an improvement is sound quality ?

icon

Best answer by John B 10 March 2022, 09:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi. The Bridge has no bearing on sound quality.  It is no longer essential to have a wired Sonos component in your system, but there are still often advantages to doing so.

The equivalent of the ZP80 is the Sonos Port, but I don’t think that will give you noticeably improved sound quality

In case it changes the answer, what situation prompts you to ask this question now?

Badge +4

Hi. The Bridge has no bearing on sound quality.  It is no longer essential to have a wired Sonos component in your system, but there are still often advantages to doing so.

The equivalent of the ZP80 is the Sonos Port, but I don’t think that will give you noticeably improved sound quality

In case it changes the answer, what situation prompts you to ask this question now?

Because I am looking to improve the sound of my system and this is one area I might be able to improve.  It would also be helpful if I had a streamer which was bluetooth.  It is rather old now so it is reasonable to think it might be an area of improvement.

If a wired connection is not required how would I set up the system now ?

Thanks

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

Badge +4

Thanks for this.

Would adding a separate DAC to my system help ?