Answered

Question of connecting bluetooth turntable with Roam

• 23 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi folks,

I have a bluetooth turntable that I connect to my Sonos 1 through the Sonos Roam. There are occasional glitches/skips but it works well so far!

I am looking at making a bigger purchase of a Sonos 5 AND the Sub to make my turntable sound even more incredible.

Is the Roam still enough or the best way to keep this connection from the bluetooth turntable to my potential 5 and Sub?  These are big purchases and want to get it right! Thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 December 2021, 04:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

You are better off connecting the turntable directly to the line-in port on the Sonos Five. The line-in connection will give you much better audio quality than a Bluetooth connection. Line-in will also be a much more reliable connection with less dropouts. And you can still group the Roam and Sonos One with the Five or play the turntable audio to the Roam or One alone by selecting the Line-In option under Browse.

NOTE: Be sure your turntable has a built-in phono preamp.