Pro Ject turntable

• 3 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’m looking for some help and advice. 

I’m about to buy a Pro ject T1 phono turntable as a Christmas present and have see from the site that it is compatible with the Five, Play:5, Amp, Port, Connect, Connect:Amp, none of which I have (I have a Play1 and Play 3) and so I was planning on buying one of these as well.

I’ve since seen in another conversation that a Sonos Move is an option for the turntable.  So can somoene confirm, if I purchase a Move with the turntable, we’ll be able to connect and listen on Christmas Day and it wont be a major anti-climax because I’ve ought the wrong thing….

Thanks you!
G

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Gaelie.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Your inquiry is an interesting concept that Sonos has already thought about and has developed devices that would allow you to integrate a turntable with your Sonos ecosystem. Allow me to share with you some information that might help.

What you would need is either a Sonos FiveA Sonos Port, or a Sonos Amp. These Sonos devices have a line-in port feature that would allow you to integrate your turntable into your Sonos system. Let me share with you a topic here in the community that discussed more details about integrating a turntable to Sonos.

Regarding the information about connecting a turntable to the Sonos Move, Unless the turntable itself has a built-in Bluetooth connector or is connected to a Bluetooth transmitter, the Pro-Ject T1 turntable does not have the capabilities of connecting to the Sonos move as it does not have the means to connect via Bluetooth.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. Everybody is welcome here in the community.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Move is not an option for a turntable as it doesn't have an input. The only Sonos devices that have an input are the Port, The Five and the Amp.

How To Listen to Vinyl With Sonos | Sonos BlogSonos Blog

Please remember the turntable you buy has a built in or external preamp.

You could conceivably use Bluetooth to send the turntable’s output to the Move. However, when the Move is in Bluetooth mode, it is not part of the rest of your Sonos system, so you would not be able to group that signal with any other Sonos speakers. 

This has been so helpful, thank you all for your comments and its really helped me clarify and decide what I need. 

Have a very Merry Christmas and stay safe.

G