Answered

Playing Vinyl on Play:1

• 12 November 2018
  • 6 replies

I know this has probably been asked before but I hoped to ask the question a bit more specifically to my situation.

I currently have 5 Play One speakers and would like to learn how to play Vinyl thru them. Been trying to piece together how to do this. Seems like i just need to have a turntable with RCA output (preamp not necessary) and a Connect:Amp and then I should be able to play my albums on the turntable, thru any of my Play:1 speakers via my phone Sonos App. Is this correct? Before I go out and drop $350 on a Connect:Amp I want to be sure this is what I need. Thank you for you help...Andy B
icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 November 2018, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You need a Connect, not a Connect:Amp.
Thank you, J. What if my turntable doesn't have an amp...it's just a usb turntable to rip albums. (I can get a USB to RCA adapter to connect to the Connect). Do I need a Connect:Amp in that case? Thank you.
Also...just to restate...I don't have any other speakers other than the Play:1 speakers...thank you.
If your turntable does not have a phono pre-amp, you will need one of those. A phono pre-amp takes the RIAA mastering on the phonograph and converts it to line-in audio. That is quite different from an amp.
Oh...gotcha...thank you!
Turns out my turntable does have a preamp. Thank you for your help, J.