Answered

Play1 compatibility with One Gen2

• 14 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have five Sonos Play:1's, a Port and a Boost. I recently bought a Sonos Move, but this was not compatible with my Play:1 resulting in my system getting meat up. Now I'm thinking nog upgrading my Sonos Play:1's to Sonos One Gen 2 in phases. Is the Sonos Play:1 compatible with the Sonos One Gen 2 under the S2 app?

icon

Best answer by ClausN 14 November 2020, 14:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yes, Play:1 is compatible with One, i.e. you can set them up as separate “rooms” and group them - but you cannot pair them in stereo or surround. They both can work with S2.

You can also group the Move (when running on wifi, not on Bluetooth) with all your other Sonos devices running on SonosNet (Boost).

However, avoid starting a group from the Move, do it from one of the other Sonos devices connected to SonosNet.

Ensure that your wifi is not on the same channel as your SonosNet https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US