Answered

Patio Speakers with TV & Beam

• 7 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Building a new home.  We’re going to have a TV outside under a covered patio.  I will most likely use a Beam w/ the TV.  My goal is to have a pair of speakers paired with the Beam to use as surrounds and mostly to be used as music for the back patio and pool area.

I really don’t wanna buy the sonos amp (go passive).  So what are my options?  One SLs (which will need power and a wall bracket; are those OK to be outside if under cover? 

Can (2) moves be paired with the Beam to act as surrounds or are they only for music?  I figured the (2) Moves would serve as the best flexibility and they’re water resistant, but do they work with the TV?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 March 2022, 23:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’d be somewhat nervous about leaving One SLs outside, they’re not rated for outside use, but if you don’t want to get outside rated speakers with an Amp to drive them….

No, the Sonos Move or Roam can not be used as surround speakers, they are incapable of bonding with one of the sound bars. 

There’s no “easy” answer to your dilemma without using the Sonos Amp as powering the rear speakers. Sonos just doesn’t make anything designed for constant outside use. 

Userlevel 7

Your best option for outdoor use is the Sonos Amp powering a pair of passive outdoor speakers. Your other options for surround speakers are these models:

• One (all generations) and One SL
  • Play:1
  • Play:3
  • Play:5 (Gen 2)
  • Five
  • All SYMFONISK speakers

None of these models are recommended for outdoor use.

The Move or Roam cannot be used as surrounds with the Beam.