Ordered Arc at mid of January still waiting for it to charge/ship, Arc Shipping Delay

Show first post

101 replies

😋that’s wonderful and a giant step in the right direction. Hopefully it’s within a month or so of being correct. Given that for new orders, I am optimistic now that my order will be shipped soon 

I obviously don’t have screenshots back from early January, but I’m pretty sure the shipping date has always been labeled as estimate.

I don’t have screen shots either and maybe in my January 4th enthusiasm I missed the finer details although it clearly stated “back ordered shipping beginning on Feb 21st”. Of course i wouldn’t have been privy to how large a backlog might have been. I’m sure it will be worth the wait. 

Badge

I took a look at the refurbished Bones (both standard, and SLs) and they were out of stock on both colors for both bias. 
My conjecture is the transnational chip deficit is hitting all companies, including Sonos, enough hard, and there’s a lot of challenge in getting product on the shelves.

Must be hurting their profitability quite a bit, to have demand that they ca n’t satisfy. None of my original Bravery Buys feel to have important moreover. I ordered my Arc on12/3 with an estimated boat date of1/21/22.

The only thing I ’ve entered is ane-mail on2/1 saying my order would n’t be completed by the original estimated boat date. Oh really? Thanks for the update. 

Badge

I don’t have screen shots either and maybe in my January 4th enthusiasm I missed the finer details although it clearly stated “back ordered shipping beginning on Feb 21st”. Of course i wouldn’t have been privy to how large a backlog might have been. I’m sure it will be worth the wait. 

Bro, i feel your pain. The estimate ship date is bs. I cancelled the Arc and Sub and bought it from best buy. I think they should put the longer estimate time on website tho. They have date base they can calculate the most backorder ship date. Why people who got the arc a month after the estimate ship date? why not just put 2 month estimate ship date? just put longer estimate date tho. if I got the email says the order ship early I will be more happier instead of knowing nothing and waiting forever.

It is 2022 right now, anyone else order a arc around the second week of January and have had their order shipped? I got a estimated ship date of 1/21 back when I ordered it, but all it says is order is placed and it’s backordered. Today is 2/3 already. It shows Backorder — Estimated to ship March 25,2022 on website for black color arc!  Will I get my order soon tho? Thanks!

I also ordered the white color sub and the estimated ship date is 2/4. I don’t think they will ship it on that day.

Yes in the same boat as you. Ordered early Jan and still waiting for a black ARC and 2 white ONE SL’s direct from Sonos. Has anyone had a black ARC and while ONE SL’s ship direct from SONOS in 2022? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

BEWARE   jefferylovett

This is a Bot account and is posting rubbish and dubious links.  Please do not click on any links they post.

Badge

I ordered my immersive arc system on 22/01/27. Expected ship date of 22/02/25 is past but they responded to my inquiry quickly and were honest that they didn't have any definite dates yet for shipping. Not much I can do about it. No charge on my credit card yet. The first responders discount is worth the wait I'm hoping. I compared with Bose but decided Sonos was way to go.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I ordered a black Arc on 1/7. It shipped on 3/2.  Hope to have it by Monday.

Badge

That's good to hear. 

Badge

I'm in Canada so I wonder if that'll make a difference.

I ordered my black Arc on 2/5 (US), with an estimated ship date of 3/25.  If you go to the website today, it still says estimated ship date of 3/25 if you place an order today.  These estimated ship dates have to be very inaccurate, as an order placed a month ago should not have the same estimated ship date as an order placed today.  Judging by Jim’s post a few above, it looks like a 2 month turnaround from order to ship, so I am guessing mine goes out first week of April, but I don’t see how they can still quote 3/25 if an order is placed today.

I ordered my black Arc on 2/5 (US), with an estimated ship date of 3/25.  If you go to the website today, it still says estimated ship date of 3/25 if you place an order today.  These estimated ship dates have to be very inaccurate, as an order placed a month ago should not have the same estimated ship date as an order placed today.  Judging by Jim’s post a few above, it looks like a 2 month turnaround from order to ship, so I am guessing mine goes out first week of April, but I don’t see how they can still quote 3/25 if an order is placed today.

The devices are not made to order, so there isn’t a set time between order and delivery to your door.  It might feel that way, and there may be a typical length of wait, but that is just coincidence.

What’s really happening is that Sonos had a scheduled shipment coming (via boat or freight)  in of a set number of units for a product.  If there are 1000 Arcs in the shipment, and 800 on order for example, then every outstanding order plus 200 new/future orders can be theoretically shipped to customers 3/25.  They don’t know if the boat to restock there warehouse will be delayed or some other of many issues could happen, hence the reason it’s an estimate.

I have an order from Jan 9th that was supposed to arrive in February, and is no where to be seen. 

I feel like Sonos is intentionally misrepresenting their back order times to keep selling items they don’t have and hit their sales targets...

I have an order from Jan 9th that was supposed to arrive in February, and is no where to be seen. 

I feel like Sonos is intentionally misrepresenting their back order times to keep selling items they don’t have and hit their sales targets...

Well, no one can disprove your feelings.  But that only makes sense if they count backorders as sales.  They may only count it till actual shipment occurs.   That makes some sense since orders can be canceled, they don’t charge cards till they ship, and what they can’t claim in this qtr roles to the next.

Even then, you could make the arguement than a shorter wait time will increase sales

Intentionally misrepresenting back order dates would be a very dangerous game though.  It’s not something that could really done in secret at the company, as a lot of employees would have to be in on it.  And if word got out to the press, it could be disastrous for Sonos.  Hardly seems worth the risk.

Badge +1

Hi,

I’m from canada and ordered on 02/13/2022 , expected shipping date was 03/04 , However based on the comments here I notice folks who have ordered back in January are still waiting , I believe mine would be April or May :) 

Back when I was dealing with hard product, and not software sales, GAAP said that it wasn’t considered a sale until such time as the product was shipped to the customer. So any number of pre-orders could be reported as such, but they wouldn’t drop to the bottom line until such time as they were shipped. 

Back when I was dealing with hard product, and not software sales, GAAP said that it wasn’t considered a sale until such time as the product was shipped to the customer. So any number of pre-orders could be reported as such, but they wouldn’t drop to the bottom line until such time as they were shipped. 

Makes sense.  I’m more familiar with GAAP on the expense side of things.  That being that you are supposed to record the cost when the product or service is received, not when you get around to paying the bill.

As I was just reading this post I received a charge on my credit card for the Arc in white. I ordered on February 5th, with an estimated delivery of February 25th.

Status shows "preparing to ship".

I'll have to wait and see.

I ordered the 2 One SL in white as well. Those didn't get charged on my card yet . They still appear to be on backorder.

I'm in Canada btw.

Ordered Black ARC 1/22/22. Just now rec’d an email from Sonos that they are preparing to ship.

Badge +1

Anyone ordered second week of feb ,I did order full arc set on 2/14 and expected to ship date 03/04 

Badge +1

Spoke with sale support today and learnt that orders expected to ship dated to 1/25 are being handled now 

As I was just reading this post I received a charge on my credit card for the Arc in white. I ordered on February 5th, with an estimated delivery of February 25th.

Status shows "preparing to ship".

I'll have to wait and see.

I ordered the 2 One SL in white as well. Those didn't get charged on my card yet . They still appear to be on backorder.

I'm in Canada btw.

My white Arc just arrived today.

Ordered the white Immersive Set w/ Arc on 1/28 with an estimated ship date of 2/25.

My credit card was charged today, 3/10. Sonos is getting through the backlog, hang in there!

I’m based in the US.

Badge +1

Ordered complete set , based on thread discussion I believe mine would another month

Badge +1

Anyone received an update ??