Answered

Nurse and First Responder Discount Taken Back?

Any fellow nurses or first responders excited to read about the 30% discount on up to $2500 only to find a very different experience when applying the verified (id.me) codes?  Seems to be suddenly now 20% on just $1000…that's a big change.  Frustrating that all of the articles posted indicated the 30% would last though 2020.  

No specific details or changes seem to be communicated on the site. What gives?  

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 22 May 2020, 19:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

This is a community support forum, if you need to talk with the sales team, I’d encourage you to call in. 

Been there done that. There seems to be a lack of information on the website...so I consider that a pre-sale customer support issue. When I was experiencing this issue...I was referred here to this support community to seek a resolution...so I am doing as directed. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Interesting. Hopefully the community moderators can shed some extra light, then. But they’re probably not in the loop either, so they’ll have to contact Sales as well. 

noticed the same today when I decided to make a purchase, down to 20% from 30%

So it's 20% one time purchase with a 1000 limit???

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi everyone,

Let me first just say a big thanks to all the nurses and first responders in this thread and out there in the world!

Sonos offers a 20% discount on Sonos.com to verified healthcare workers and first responders in the US and Canada. We hope that by helping them fill their homes and workspaces with music, we are able to bring a sense of calm, perhaps a little more joy, and more importantly, some semblance of normalcy into their lives.

The week of May 1st, the launch of the promo, we were offering 30% off instead as an added bonus for Nurse's appreciation week. As the partnership with ID.me is ongoing, the promo has returned to its permanent discount offering of 20% after that first week. As the story of the promotion spread, it didn’t always have the full details in there. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our sales team.

So you have to spend $1000 to get the discount? It remains unclear to me.

Hi everyone,

Let me first just say a big thanks to all the nurses and first responders in this thread and out there in the world!

Sonos offers a 20% discount on Sonos.com to verified healthcare workers and first responders in the US and Canada. We hope that by helping them fill their homes and workspaces with music, we are able to bring a sense of calm, perhaps a little more joy, and more importantly, some semblance of normalcy into their lives.

The week of May 1st, the launch of the promo, we were offering 30% off instead as an added bonus for Nurse's appreciation week. As the partnership with ID.me is ongoing, the promo has returned to its permanent discount offering of 20% after that first week. As the story of the promotion spread, it didn’t always have the full details in there. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our sales team.

Hi @Ryan S 

My cousin is trying to place this order now using the ID.me path.  During checkout he only sees $200 discount for a total cost of $1,856.  So $200 is not 20% of 1,856, do you know why is this happening?  Is $200 maximum discount or something.  I have been trying to call the Sonos Sales Customer Service and no one picks up for 30 minutes and this has happened 4 times so far. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @harrytcs, the discount is valid for 20% off a single purchase of up to $1000 USD before the discount, valid on all Sonos products, and it cannot be combined with other promotions. Since that order is larger than the maximum order, the discount only applies to the first $1000 USD of it.

So you have to spend $1000 to get the discount? It remains unclear to me.

I missed this question the first time. The discount doesn’t have a minimum value of order, but it doesn’t apply to sales prices.

When the  30% off promotion began, it stated that it would last throughout the rest of this year.  I specifically remembered that because the ARC wasn’t available until June 6. So that was one reason I held off.

Also, how many times can we get this discount? I am a First responder and have used my first code. I went to apply for another code, but it seems like the system ( ID.me) gave me the same code. Tried it on the Sonos website when checking out and got a message saying that it’s already been used. 

Best probably to call in, I’d assume the phone folks can get around that mis-implementation on the web store’s code. 

I never used my code and it’s not working at all on check out. 

My response directly before your post stands.