Question

Newbie question! Can I play via phone and TV?

• 15 March 2016
  • 9 replies

Hi All

I'm looking to buy a Sonus setup. I have a new Samsung TV HD 4K and I would like to play music from the TV, particularly You Tube but also from my Galaxy phone and from my Ipad.

It looks like I need the Play Bar and a wireless Sub to play from the TV but can I play from my phone/iPad thorugh the Play Bar :?

Thanks 😃

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Yes. In addition to the TV source, all other Sonos music sources can be played on the Playbar via the Sonos app.
Yes. In addition to the TV source, all other Sonos music sources can be played on the Playbar via the Sonos app.

That doesn't include YouTube however.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That doesn't include YouTube however.

Well it would if you were playing YouTube through an app on your Smart TV
That's not via the Sonos app though.
So how could I play my YouTube Tv through my sonos setup I have then anyone please
So how could I play my YouTube Tv through my sonos setup I have then anyone please

Through your TV via the Playbar.
Do I need a play bar though is there not another way to do it, already have speakers throughout the house and the system rigged to my multi room sky boxes so have line outs for sky but got a smart Tv in the kitchen now and would like to play music through that, is there another way other than buying a playbar? Cheers
The only direct way is through the Playbar from a TV. Though if you have a unit with a line-in (Connect, Connect:Amp, Play:5) near the smart TV, and the smart TV has an analog out, you could connect the two.
It's just got av in and component in and usual USB and hdmi ins so am I snookered then mate?