New set?

• 22 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Why can't you get an Amp and a Port together in a set?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

What would be the logic for that? It isn't like you would use them together. 

What would be the logic for that? It isn't like you would use them together. 

True, but many of the sets contain devices that can’t be bonded as a single Sonos room.  Take the indoor/outdoor set for example.  That said, I would think Port/Amp is a rather rare combination for a purchase, and that’s the reason for exclusion.  

It’s a little harder to tell right now with sales going on, but generally speaking the price for a set is generally the same as buying the speakers that make up the set separately.  I don’t recall seeing anymore than a savings around $50, and that’s on sets that cost over $1k.  So really, the advantages to buying a set over individual devices is that you know that the devices will be delivered together (I believe) rather than in separate shipments, and if you have a discount code for single item, you can use it on the set.

I don’t see a ‘common’ purpose of bundling the ‘Amp’ and ‘Port’ together either, but I do think that Sonos perhaps could consider having a “the more you buy, the more you save” type scheme. (Not in conjunction with any other offer of course) and let people customise their own ‘bundles’.

The challenge is, of course, that Sonos sales people aren’t in this community forum, so we’re unlikely to have a large impact on what offers are made.

I don’t see a ‘common’ purpose of bundling the ‘Amp’ and ‘Port’ together either, but I do think that Sonos perhaps could consider having a “the more you buy, the more you save” type scheme. (Not in conjunction with any other offer of course) and let people customise their own ‘bundles’.

Being that my first Sonos gear was a  Connect:Amp and Connect, I somewhat disagree.  At the time, I wasn’t sold on the concept of powered speakers really, and liked my existing old school receiver home theatre setup.  The Connect brought in the receiver, and the Amp plus a speaker switch handled a couple other rooms in the house.  That pair is really the fastest/cheapest way to a whole home system if you have a lot of passive speakers around still.  But maybe that’s just the way I think.

As far as the more you buy you save concept, Sonos sort of already has a program that handles that.  Owning a legacy, previous generation, speaker gets you 15-30% off a new one.  They probably like that version a bit more because it helps get older device out of the population, and thus lower support costs potential.  Also might help with customer loyalty a bit more, don’t know.  Maybe Sonos could go both, but where you can’t stack the discounts (you currently can’t stack discounts actually) and it would help out both new and existing customers more.

The challenge is, of course, that Sonos sales people aren’t in this community forum, so we’re unlikely to have a large impact on what offers are made.

@Corry P

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Corry P

I’m not entirely sure who to pass this on to, but I’ll see what I can do.

Badge +20

Many years ago Ibought a BU150 bundle which was the ZP80, ZP100 and CR100, so at least in the past Sonos have sold a very similar bundle.