Answered

Item still out of stock and expected 1 months after the date given when purchasing

• 11 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I'm a little confused over the sonos website and sales. First issue when ordered arc said was in stock then was given a date for one month after. So changed colour to one in stock. Also ordered the sub gen 3 in November given the date of 11 December. To wait to the day to call for confirmation to be told won't be untill end of January almost 2 months after my initial order and a month after the date I purchased the product knowingly. 

Well the question really is why not just explain these thing's on the website, as the main pretence is you will receive your product within 2 days which is deceiving even products in stock take a week to receive. Also if a product is not in stock why wait untill a customer calls asking why the date given when purchase and after has not been met infact giving a new date which is a month later than the stated date on the sale invoice. Tbf I think I would have rather brought a sound system from another company to get a complete set straight away rather than waiting 2 months esp as the dates keep changing and not even the sonos company knows whats going on. I think if this information was not deceiving I most likely would not have spent a great deal of money buying the arc surround and the sub. So a warning to anyone wanting to buy just becarefull May be better buying somewhere else or getting another system 

icon

Best answer by buzz 5 January 2021, 19:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Jakanejay.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this concern to our attention. We apologize for the experience. Allow me to share with you our sales team’s contact information through their toll -free number @+18006802345 option 4. They may have all the answers to your questions and the issue may be handled more appropriately.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you still have any further questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Update for anyone reading this still not received even after being given multiple dates.

The supply chain is very erratic for all companies at the moment.

Before the pandemic everyone was operating on a JIT (just in time) supply chain. Instead of keeping a large inventory, companies relied on multiple orders timed to keep their own production line running smoothly. A company might keep only a few days or weeks supply on hand. Parts come from a chain of suppliers. Company A manufacturers a product used as a component of company B, C, D, etc. Perhaps SONOS is using a product supplied by company G. Unfortunately, if company A runs into an issue, this issue ripples down the whole chain and the companies down the chain don’t have many options.

I’ve been waiting for a receiver since March. Each month I’m told “next month”. Receivers started shipping this week.

At the end of October there was a major fire in a semiconductor plant supplying unique integrated circuits to high end audio manufacturers. It is expected that there will be zero output from that plant for at least six months. To some extent production could be shifted to other foundries, but this requires weeks of detail work. Meantime, any down stream manufacturers are out of luck.

I wish that companies could or would be more up front about production delays. To some extent they fear that potential customers will seek other products if there will be a supply delay, as you hinted in your original post. This results in customers being given an optimistic estimate (guess). Even if company G wants to be brutally honest with potential customers, they have very little control over the situation at companies A-F.

With respect to receivers, I’m noticing “out of stock” cries from lots of potential customers of multiple manufacturers. There don’t seem to be many receivers available at the moment. I can imagine company H promising early delivery in an attempt to steal orders from other companies, but company H is not actually able to produce anything either.

The supply chain is very erratic for all companies at the moment.

Before the pandemic everyone was operating on a JIT (just in time) supply chain. Instead of keeping a large inventory, companies relied on multiple orders timed to keep their own production line running smoothly. A company might keep only a few days or weeks supply on hand. Parts come from a chain of suppliers. Company A manufacturers a product used as a component of company B, C, D, etc. Perhaps SONOS is using a product supplied by company G. Unfortunately, if company A runs into an issue, this issue ripples down the whole chain and the companies down the chain don’t have many options.

I’ve been waiting for a receiver since March. Each month I’m told “next month”. Receivers started shipping this week.

At the end of October there was a major fire in a semiconductor plant supplying unique integrated circuits to high end audio manufacturers. It is expected that there will be zero output from that plant for at least six months. To some extent production could be shifted to other foundries, but this requires weeks of detail work. Meantime, any down stream manufacturers are out of luck.

I wish that companies could or would be more up front about production delays. To some extent they fear that potential customers will seek other products if there will be a supply delay, as you hinted in your original post. This results in customers being given an optimistic estimate (guess). Even if company G wants to be brutally honest with potential customers, they have very little control over the situation at companies A-F.

With respect to receivers, I’m noticing “out of stock” cries from lots of potential customers of multiple manufacturers. There don’t seem to be many receivers available at the moment. I can imagine company H promising early delivery in an attempt to steal orders from other companies, but company H is not actually able to produce anything either.

I agree with all you are saying just the anoying part is the communication. I been given multiple dates last date was I would receive by 1st of Jan as back in stock. To be fair I dont mind waiting but rather be told an honest estimate but I have been faced with 4 different dates saying they are back in stock and will receive tracking info shortly last comunication was I would receive by the 1st of January I can understand 3rd party confusion but dont expect this when you are going through sonos direct as it causes much more damage to their reputation than the stock issue it self. Although would like to add they been having issues with supply for many years now pre covid from the reveiws I have been reading. 

Userlevel 7

For those of you who are still waiting, you could consider cancelling your order and purchasing the Arc elsewhere where it is currently in stock:

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/products/sonos-arc-wireless-sound-bar-with-dolby-atmos-apple-air-play-2-and-built-in-voice-assistant?

Prior to this pandemic mess I’ve found SONOS shipping estimates to be accurate.