Answered

Is the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX2700 router a good choice for SONOS?

• 5 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 2 replies

I’d like to replace my existing NETGEAR Router which seems to be dying with a new Nighthawk router.  Is the AX2700 a good choice.   I already own a Nighthawk EAX780 AX6000 extender and i notice SONOS complains about that all the time, and I’d like to not make the problem worse. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 July 2022, 23:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sonos does not recommend using any wireless range extenders, whatever brand that maybe, but I guess there’s always some that will/won’t work, but range extenders are mentioned in the Sonos System Requirements:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126

However, let’s get back to discussing the router… I did a search of this forum for the model number AC2700 and didn’t find anything untoward. I would however, as perhaps with any router, not enable parental controls, Airtime Fairness or QoS and ensure to not adjust any WiFi security settings, or features, so that its spec. then fell outside the Sonos System Requirements, particularly for some older Sonos products. I think in that case the Netgear router would be fine. It’s certainly not on the incompatible hardware list and if you can do away with the wireless extender, if it continues to cause issues, or better still, simply backlist the Sonos products from using it (and their controller device) then that’s perhaps the way to move forward.