Answered

IS ANYONE THERE?

• 11 December 2020
  • 7 replies

I have, for 2 years now, been following the growth - and particularly success - of Sonos; and it has culminated into my making the notoriously stressful and monumental decision to transfer my home theater/connectivity/audio eco-stystem into the hands of what I considered to be one of the most promising ‘Unicorn’ startups of the the last decade. 

Despite rich, uncomporomised audio quality that unquestionably stands up to the hype; the promise of premium, audiophile quality sound in a sleek, easy-to-use speaker is virtually out of reach for even the most patient and forgiving customers. With the exception of being one of the lucky few who managed to place and receive their order without any delays; loyal, disenfranchised Sonos customers have showed up by the masses to a seldom monitored online community board with a single shared grievance, “IS ANYONE THERE?!?!?!”

Seriously though … did someone forget to pay the phone bill over there? The ONLY interaction I have managed to see from an actual Sonos employee has been from reading the comments on OTHER PEOPLE’S forum posts. Nevermind the 2 mindless hours I sat on hold waiting for the non-existent sales team on the other end to pick up.

$1600 ... sixteen hundred dollars and the belief that I would be treated with the same care and attention to detail that ought to accompany any investment of that size - didn’t seem like such a tall order. However, I noticed that my newfound frustration is just the beginning of a long arduous relationship with Sonos and their elusive customer service team - as I have learned from so many others on this community board.

Take this post as a last offer to retain a lifelong customer who would be pleased with even just a brief update and acknowledgement of the numerous failed attempts to get the smallest bit of clarity regarding the ongoing backorders.

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 14 December 2020, 17:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Anon314159.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out and  providing us your feedback. I would like to ask what is going on so I can have an idea what the issue is to help you out. If you can provide a more detailed description of what the issue is, When did it start happening, what changes happened prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working, How many Sonos devices you have and how many are affected?

The more information you provide, the more we can better understand what is going on and how to help you out.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,

Badge +1

Lol. I love that answer from support.

LOLOL I know, @Whitliski.

Oh sweet @Paul A, your reply perfectly encapsulates my frustrations. If it wasn’t so hilariously ironic, it would be offensive..

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The support team changed in March, along with Twitter support being terminated and email too I think.  The service level has suffered significantly and this post is a perfect and sad example..

Here is what ha happened with my order.  Hope this helps.

• Nov 24 - ordered Arc with expected ship of Dec 11.  Order Status of “New”; Status of “Backordered”
  • Dec 14 - contacted customer support via chat; told expected order to arrive in warehouse on Dec 18
  • Dec 15 (today) - card was charged; Order Status changed from “New to “Scheduled”; Status changed from “Backordered” to “Processing”

• Nov 24 - ordered Arc with expected ship of Dec 11.  Order Status of “New”; Status of “Backordered”
  • Dec 14 - contacted customer support via chat; told expected order to arrive in warehouse on Dec 18
  • Dec 15 (today) - card was charged; Order Status changed from “New to “Scheduled”; Status changed from “Backordered” to “Processing”

Quick Update:

Some more progress being made...

• Dec 15 afternoon Order Status changed from “Scheduled” to “Dispatched Acknowledged”; Status remained as “Processing”
  • Dec 15 evening Order Status changed from “Dispatched Acknowledged” to “Invoiced”; Status changed from “Processing” to “Shipped”.  Have Fedex tracking for Dec 21 delivery.  

Quick Update:

Some more progress being made...

• Dec 15 afternoon Order Status changed from “Scheduled” to “Dispatched Acknowledged”; Status remained as “Processing”
  • Dec 15 evening Order Status changed from “Dispatched Acknowledged” to “Invoiced”; Status changed from “Processing” to “Shipped”.  Have Fedex tracking for Dec 21 delivery.  

My shipment must be in the same warehouse. I’ve received the same updates. Cheers mate.