Integration of Marantz m-cr610 into Sonos Ecosystem: I am unsure

• 9 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I am delighted with Sonos, the sound is marvelous, the aesthetic of the products is delightful and the ecosystem works perfectly with what I have, except with one thing.

This is where I need your help and your counsel. I actually don't really think that I need to go as far up as to the CEO: What I need is an expert in HiFi.

What I have from Sonos:

- Beam 2

- Sub Mini

- Move

all of this connected to our Samsung TV

Then I have:

- Marantz M-CR610

- 2 Passive Speakers

I would like to integrate those 2 passive speakers with or without the Marantz into the Sonos ecosystem, so that we can have surround sound when watching TV and still use it as our HiFi. I have done some research and came across the Sonos Port and the Sonos Amp but both products are rather expensive and I would like to avoid making mistakes and having to return any product.

Do you have some ideas or counsel on this?

4 replies

PORT is not appropriate for surround, you should use AMP. A 3rd party amplifier or receiver cannot be integrated into a SONOS surround system.

How are you integrating a MOVE with the TV?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Integration in this sense would mean using an Amp with the passive speakers as surrounds. In that case the Beam would also play music when using the Amp.

I have ordered the Move but not received yet. Can’t it be used to integrate with rest of the ecosystem?

I have ordered the Move but not received yet. Can’t it be used to integrate with rest of the ecosystem?

Your Move will be a separate Sonos room in your Sonos system, a different room than your Beam and Sub Mini...home theatre room.  As a separate room, Move can play separately or together with your home theatre room in what Sonos refers to as a group.  When grouped with the home theatre, the Move will play a mono version of what your home theatre is playing.  With music streaming, it will be in perfect sync.  For TV audio though, it will be slightly delayed for buffering reasons.