Question

how to connect Sonos to a desktop pc

• 15 February 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hello,
:? I would like to use SONOS as audio from my desktop pc...is it possible?

My pc connects via wi fi to internet...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello,
:? I would like to use SONOS as audio from my desktop pc...is it possible?

My pc connects via wi fi to internet...

Hi, sure it's possible by using the Sonos PLAY:5's LINE-IN option. Unfortunately, streaming 3rd party apps to the Sonos system wirelessly isn't possible. That said, you can share your music library to the Sonos wirelessly.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hello, thanks for the reply...I would like to connect a "play 1 or 3. " to have it working as my desktop audio...
I understand that " play 5 " has a AUX line....but if there a way to have the pc " seen" by "play 1 or 3"??
Hello, thanks for the reply...I would like to connect a "play 1 or 3. " to have it working as my desktop audio...
I understand that " play 5 " has a AUX line....but if there a way to have the pc " seen" by "play 1 or 3"??

No there's isn't, not in any sensible fashion. Sonos isn't computer speakers, if you want computer speakers, buy computer speakers.
flybyme,

I have not used any, but there are a few 3rd party PC programs that can create a streaming service on your PC that can play on the SONOS system. In principle, this can work, but there will be a time delay while the stream is assembled. If you are a gamer, you will be very frustrated with this setup.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
ok thank you, I will have to opt to the BOSE soundtouch 20... O(
The LHC - he never asked that.if you cannot be helpful keep quiet.
The LHC - he never asked that.if you cannot be helpful keep quiet.

Your first and only post here slams a year-old post! You win some sort of award, lol.