Don't have eARC? Get Atmos w/ HD Fury "Arcana" - Pre-orders now LIVE!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Pre-orders available now! https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

FROM HD FURY SITE: 

No eARC TV ? No problem! And no more lip sync issues for eARC TV owners!
WORLD’S FIRST eARC adapter that allows FULL AUDIO up to Dolby Atmos over Dolby TrueHD from ANY external HDMI source to ANY eARC sound system.
Perfect solution for SONOS ARC/BOSE 500/BOSE 700 and ANY eARC or ARC AVR, soundbar or headphones.

I’ve been talking a lot about this in another thread, but now it’s ready to order. If you love your Arc but aren’t getting Atmos / TrueHD for whatever reason (no eARC TV, Apple TV doesn’t like HDMI-ARC, regular HDMI-ARC can’t pass TrueHD, etc.), Arcana is what you need. In a nutshell, it tricks your Sonos Arc into thinking it’s connected to an eARC TV giving you full access to all the audio formats your source(s) can output. 

I don’t work for them - I’m just excited to unlock the potential of my Sonos Arc and don’t want to buy another new TV anytime soon. They need 400 orders in order to go into production, and if they hit 800 pre-orders they’re planning on adding additional functionality (CEC control and the ability to also get audio from the TV’s built-in apps). 

Plus, you can save a few bucks by pre-ordering now. 

If you want Atmos from an external device but your TV is holding you back, do us all a favor and go order an Arcana now.

Sales pitch over. ;-) 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

220 replies

What have those of you in the UK ended up paying in taxes when your Arcana is delivered? 

What have those of you in the UK ended up paying in taxes when your Arcana is delivered? 

I am waiting for confirmation from UPS, but if my understanding of the rules is correct it will be UK VAT at 20% of cost, including postage charges, plus maybe a few £ of additional import duty.  I’ll post back when I hear.

I was surprised that it was delivered without my being charged at that point.  I think UPS were surprised too, because they telephoned me a couple of days after delivery saying that they were holding the item awaiting payment of duties!

I am waiting for confirmation from UPS, but if my understanding of the rules is correct it will be UK VAT at 20% of cost, including postage charges, plus maybe a few £ of additional import duty.  I’ll post back when I hear.

I was surprised that it was delivered without my being charged at that point.  I think UPS were surprised too, because they telephoned me a couple of days after delivery saying that they were holding the item awaiting payment of duties!

Cheers John,

Be interested to know what the final total payment is. Did you buy direct from HD Fury?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Cost me £40

Cheers John,

Be interested to know what the final total payment is. Did you buy direct from HD Fury?

I did - I pre-ordered fairly early on.

Cost me £40

That’s about what I am expecting.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

If you crave Full Fat Atmos without getting a new TV even though you have to pay the extra tax it is still way cheaper and it works.

I have mine connected and it sounds awesome!!

If you crave Full Fat Atmos without getting a new TV even though you have to pay the extra tax it is still way cheaper and it works.

I have mine connected and it sounds awesome!!

Agreed. And I would think it worth it just for fixing lip sync. 

Anyone know of any Arcana for sale anywhere? Pre orders from HD Fury are backed up to December. 

Anyone know of any Arcana for sale anywhere? Pre orders from HD Fury are backed up to December. 

Website says Nov 25th or earlier.  If history is any sign, it will likely be earlier.  I believe when they made their first batch of product, they reserve some to give to a few distributers, which is hdfury.eu, monoprice (amazon.com), and I don’t know who else).  Those two don’t seem to have any out either.  Possible that monoprice has not put it out yet?  Don’t know.  

I would go head ahead an put in your order direct from hd fury, as I doubt you’ll get it faster elsewhere.

Thanks. 
When you placed your order did you request the ‘low value, less tax, no packaging’ invoice or the ‘real value, normal tax’?

Thanks. 
When you placed your order did you request the ‘low value, less tax, no packaging’ invoice or the ‘real value, normal tax’?

I request the no packaging, I think, but it was shipped in package.  However, I didn’t have taxes/custom to deal with in the US.

Thanks. 

Real value. I didn’t feel comfortable doing otherwise. 

Badge +2

Just purchased last night expecting backorder until mid December (according to website order page). Just got the DHL tracking update the Fury unit will arrive here in Bham on Wednesday! So, if the backorder notice gives anyone pause, apparently they are underselling it.

Which site did you order from?

Badge

Which site did you order from?

I ordered an Arcana directly from their website yesterday morning and I got a shipping text message from DHL almost exactly 24 hours later. Estimated delivery on Friday (3 days later).

Seems like they are shipping faster than the Dec 18 estimate on their website.

Badge +2

Same as Caleb, I ordered my Arcana from the hdfury.com website. DHL tracking says it will be here tomorrow (Wednesday November 25). Website still says backordered until December 18, lol.

Hello, could you please help me with choosing the right splitter for connecting my new Sonos Arc and a projector? Should I get a HDfury product?

The a/v source will be coming from a PS4 or Windows PC. It would be great to have a possibility to play audio from a 3.5 jack as well.

Thanks in advance

Badge

@MartyPig - I bought this 5 to 1 HDMI Switcher and it is working well with my Sonos Arc + LG C7 + Apple TV 4K, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Sony Blu-Ray Player. No 3.5 audio in though.

https://amzn.to/3qbwoky

Mine is due to be delivered in the next few days…. ordered mine a few weeks ago on pre order...