Answered

Connect and Sub together

• 5 September 2018
  • 9 replies

Excuse me in advance if this is an obvious question or if its been answered before. I would like to buy a Sonos Sub but i wanted to check in advance if this is the thing to do. Here's my configuration...my Sonos Bridge is connected to my modem. Sonos Connect is attached to my traditional wired amp which has four speakers and a subwoofer wired to it. My subwoofer is now damaged and I'd like to buy the Sonos Sub. I've been told that its not possible to have a Sonos Sub communicated with a Sonos Connect. Does it make any difference that I have a Bridge connected to my modem? Would the components work together? Any help would be appreciated! Chip in Toronto
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 September 2018, 21:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

No, unfortunately, it doesn't make any difference what your CONNECT is attached to. The SUB requires a connection to a Sonos speaker of some type, and won't "bond" to a CONNECT or CONNECT: AMP.
Thanks Bruce but it leaves me with another question. I have an extra Sonos Play 3 speaker which we occasionally use. if it is part of the set up, will the Sonos Sub work with the Connect and my other wired to the amp speakers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You would have to be playing the music to the Play:3 - then you can group in the Connect and you would hear all together with sub and Play:3
Thanks for the help!
No, unfortunately, it doesn't make any difference what your CONNECT is attached to. The SUB requires a connection to a Sonos speaker of some type, and won't "bond" to a CONNECT or CONNECT: AMP.In fact it can be used with a Connect:Amp
Thanks, John, for the clarification. I was under the impression that the CONNECT:AMP had an output for a third party sub, but wouldn't connect to a Sonos SUB.
Thanks, John, for the clarification. I was under the impression that the CONNECT:AMP had an output for a third party sub, but wouldn't connect to a Sonos SUB.I'm pretty sure it can do either. You are certainly correct that it has a connection for a third party powered subwoofer.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The CONNECT:AMP will connect wirelessly to a Sonos Sub or with a wire to any sub.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Correct - - and the forthcoming Sonos Amp