Answered

Can a sonos beam be connected to a cd player?

• 11 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a sonos beam and wish to connect it to a cd-player. Is this impossible or can I buy some sort of box that the cd-player can be connected with, which also connects to a sonos beam?

icon

Best answer by el rubio 11 December 2021, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You can get a Sonos Port or Sonos Five and connect the CD player to the line-in port on these devices. Then you would select the Line-In option under Browse in the Sonos app and play the CD player audio on the Beam.

You could get an analogue to digital converter to produce an optical digital output, then take optical from your TV and the CD player to an optical switch, and then connect the optical out to the supplied converter to use the HDMI-ARC port on the Beam.  But you’d be mad to do that.  Ripping your CDs would be much more sensible.  There are various options for storage.

Or just stream the music from the internet - I don’t even use my ripped music much nowadays.

hi @Tordhn you can find similar ideas/replies in this post - I have a DVD player connected to my TV and can listen to all my CDs without problem through the attached Beam :grin: