Answered

Building a new Sonos system

• 4 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I am looking to replace an old analogue hi-fi with a new wireless up-to-date system. I would like to have 3 sets of Era100 speakers across 3 different rooms in the house. I would like to play CDs, records, stream music and connect to the TV. I have been told the Amp only has one line-in so I wouldn’t be able to connect both a CD player and a turntable? Can anyone recommend what I would need to be able to connect everything? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ratty 4 January 2024, 20:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Either get an input selector switch for the Amp, or a Line-In adapter for one of the Era100s. 

Thanks for your quick reply. I’ve found a line-in adaptor but can’t find an input selector switch for the amp - would you be able to share a link/example to one so I know what I’m looking for? Thanks again!

Thanks for your quick reply. I’ve found a line-in adaptor but can’t find an input selector switch for the amp - would you be able to share a link/example to one so I know what I’m looking for? Thanks again!

All you’d need would be a 2-in/1-out audio switch, ideally with RCA connectors. Amazon have a bunch to choose from.

The Line-In adapter option for the Era would have to use the Sonos specific dongle: https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter

That’s excellent - thanks so much for your help!