Answered

Bose and JBL speakers added to system

• 18 January 2022
  • 13 replies

Badge +2

Hello all!

I have a Bose and some JBL speakers that I would like to include in my new Sonos set up I am ordering.    Is that possible?   Thank you!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 January 2022, 03:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Unless they are compatible with AirPlay 2 and you are using an iOS device, then they cannot be included in your Sonos setup.

Badge +2

Not even with the Amp?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

If you want to use tha Amp then those speakers would need to be hard-wired to the amp itself. 

Badge +2

Wow.  What a bummer.   So Sonos has gone backwards.   My Bose currently works great with my old Sonos.

Badge +2

But it uses a bridge, which I would assume acts the same as a amp.   No big deal to wire the Bose to an Amp.

Wow.  What a bummer.   So Sonos has gone backwards.   My Bose currently works great with my old Sonos.

In what way does your Bose "work with" your old Sonos?  Maybe we are misunderstanding your terms.  There is a component called the Port that let's you stream Sonos content to an existing stereo system.

Badge +2

My old sonos has a old “bridge” (i think they called it) that is connected to the Bose.  Perfect sound and no issues.

Userlevel 7

What model Bose and JBL speakers do you have? Are they powered or passive speakers?

Badge +2

JBL Charge Charge 2+  and Charge 3…    Bose SoundDock

All are powered.  

Seems like the Amp is more than just getting a one or 5 though..  :-(

My old sonos has a old “bridge” (i think they called it) that is connected to the Bose.  Perfect sound and no issues.

Probably a Connect, Bridge is something else.  The modern version is the Port.  That's what you need to replicate the old Sonos' functionality. 

Badge +2

Ok. Thank you.  So, to get the Bose or JBL’s going, I would need the Port?

Userlevel 7

Ok. Thank you.  So, to get the Bose or JBL’s going, I would need the Port?

If they have audio inputs, you could connect them to Sonos Ports. But it might be more cost efficient to just get Ones or One SLs instead of trying to include the JBLs and Bose.

I apologize for my inaccurate original answer.

Badge +2

At the risk of asking another question off topic.   My kid has X-Box and PS5.  Will they both play through the Sonos immersive Beam that I am going to order for my new LG TV?