Answered

Beam + 2 Fives

• 11 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there, never done this before but here we go.

I’ve got my play ones, awesome.

I am wanting to make up a system for my TV.

I love the Fives and would love them in stereo for my TV(tv does not have line out).

I was thinking of having a beam as the middle man between the tv and the fives.(The beam essentially acting as a center speaker). With the fives either side of the beam.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by BMF 11 March 2021, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

not really no.

certainly the Beam cannot act as a “centre” with the fives acting as left and right for TV output.

if you really wanted to have the fives as stereo for music and the beam for TV, you could set them up as different “rooms” e.g. TV (Beam) and Lounge (fives)

they would be treated as separate devices and you would control them independently of each other even though they are physically located as you described.

The Beam and any Sonos sound bar is designed to be the front Left, Right and Centre in one package…. You can add fives or ones, but they can only act as rear surrounds when added to the same “room”