Arc Backorder Progress

If you bought you Arc online from Sonos, when did you order it and when did you finally receive it?  I ordered mid July and the anticipated ship date was July 24.  Now, the anticipated ship date for new orders is mid August.  I am wondering which order dates are currently being delivered.  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Badge

Ordered Arc 4th Jan with shipping date of 29th Jan. on 27th of Jan received an email saying shipping delayed until 5th of Feb. Today received another email saying shipping delayed until 12 of Feb. 
I will contact customer service tomorrow 

Userlevel 7

I'd be interested in hearing fro UK buyers with similar delays. We as customers deserve better. We deserve realistic expectations. Treating customers like this diminishes the Sonos brand and customer confidence. Get a grip on this Sonos or customers will go elsewhere.

Hi @Cuddlr 

I understand your frustration and yes Sonos might be able to provide more accurate information. However, when products are being imported from an overseas manufacturing location the seller is at the mercy of several factors.

1. Production line delays (parts on-hand, parts supplier delays, workforce reduction, alternate days of operation and more)
  2. Available containers for sea transport
  3. Customs clearance
  4. Check-in procedures to sellers warehouse 
  5. Logistics to retail and/or direct-to-home shipments 
  6. Not to menton that all the above has been impacted by the pandemic

Sonos may lose customers. However, IMO one would be hard pressed to find competitive systems that offer the versatility, expandability, product mix and simplicity of Sonos.

Badge

I would assume that the majority of entertainment equipment is manufactured outside the UK. So are you saying LG , Samsung, Bose, B&G all have supply issues and 8 week plus lead times? The pandemic excuse is wearing a little thin, all customer care issues seems to be blamed on the virus, as far as I’m aware electronics are immune.

Userlevel 7

…. as far as I’m aware electronics are immune.

Whatever. Go ahead and wallow in your own self-pity.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ordered Arc 4th Jan with shipping date of 29th Jan. on 27th of Jan received an email saying shipping delayed until 5th of Feb. Today received another email saying shipping delayed until 12 of Feb. 
I will contact customer service tomorrow 

Very similar time frame to my post please let me know if you get any more information from calling them.

@AjTrek1  Fully appreciate your post and agree it cannot be easy negotiating the various steps involved logically.

My main gripe is giving customers insufficient or even worse late notification of these shipping date changes is exceeding bad business practice. 

If you cannot give an accurate time frame surely its better to over estimate or at least provide a estimated window like 8 to 10 weeks. Customers are then less likely to become frustrated.

I’m in the same boat, ordered the 1st Jan, expected date was the 29th, got pushed back to the 5th Feb & now it’s been delayed until 12th. It’s frustrating, but I don’t mind waiting, I mean I know I’m still going to get one and I know I’m ‘close’ to the front the queue.

However I would prefer a honest response from Sonos instead of bumping it back by a week each time. It’s just disappointing to get that “sorry your order has been delayed” email. I think this tactic can be damage to their brand, and perhaps they should rethink how they communicate shipping delays to their new customers. 

On the comment of other manufacturers and delays, I ordered a Sony TV from Richer Sounds during the Black Friday sales (end of Nov), it didn’t arrived until the 23rd Dec. Yeah other companies are having issues. RS were very honest and up front when I ordered, they said they had 13 orders for that tv and were expecting 25 before the end of Dec. 

Being honest with the customer creates a better customer relationship. 

Badge

I agree totally honesty is all I ask. 

if I was told when I placed the order that delivery is expected March or even later it would not be an issue. I want the Arc and don’t mind waiting, but please be honest about waiting times. It’s the fact that delivery date has been and gone twice now that causes the frustration. 

customer care advise that orders that were originally set to ship on the 29th will now be shipped on the 12th or before. I asked if this was for certain and was told definitely shipped on or before the 12th. We will see!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I asked if this was for certain and was told definitely shipped on or before the 12th. We will see!

Lets hope so! 

Badge

Has Anyone received confirmation that their back order promised to ship on the 12th will ship on the 12th . My order status now says temporarily out of stock.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Mine read temporarily out of stock earlier and now backorder its seems random and goes between the the two.

I've not received any notification it will not ship tomorrow but  who knows! I wasn't notified on the 29th January it would be delayed but it was to the 5th and then delayed till 12th ill let you know tomorrow if there's anything.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Also expecting shipping on 12th (tomorrow). No mention of further delay yet. Is this a worldwide thing or just an uk post brexshite issue when stock is transiting the EU? 

My status currently says “back order”, however I did get a tracking link from yodel, which is odd as I’m not expecting anything via yodel. 

Userlevel 1

Yes - mine is due to ship on the 12th having been delayed from the 29th Feb, but it’s saying ‘temporarily out of stock’. I have found the apparent random changes from out of stock to backorder to be linked to wether it logs into the UK or US website when you type in Sonos to your web browser - the US one always says backorder. (i’m in the UK)

As others have pointed out in this thread - the problem Sonos has is it isn't very good at managing expectations - Apple are masters of this, when you make an order with them it will often quote a ridiculously long lead time and then deliver the next day - underpromise - overdeliver - no doubt a cynical ploy but at least you're happy with the result. I would be happier if Sonos just came clean and gave a realistic delivery time rather than a constant stream of unachievable best case dates. Clearly, delays in the delivery of my expensive Soundbar is something of a first world problem but its a bit irritating all the same .

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Well so far no news for shipment which was due a few weeks ago but delayed to today. No shipping confirmation - when my sub was delivered a few weeks ago (also on backorder) i’d received DHL comms by now to confirm. 

but fir the Arc - no message to say further delay and no message to say shipped. 

At a guess they have more order than stock and are still unpacking the pallet and will likely tell us late in the day if we are in luck or due for further disappointment. 

as has been said above - poor customer service and expectation management. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

When my Sub and ones were shipped I noticed pending payment activity on my bank account earlier in the day. Today so far no such activity and like all above no usual notifications about delays so maybe by the end of the day who can say.

The fulfilment Centre must be made aware prior to receiving it whether ots going to reach them in time or not. If not to let customers know.

The yodel was delivery was something else (my free BrewDog larger 😂)

I phoned up the sales team and I’ve been informed that some of the Arc’s orders have shipped today, but mine hasn’t due to the size of backlog and the capacity of the warehouse. I’ve been told my order will now ship on Monday and I should look out for the payment from my account, as they do that before issuing a tracking number apparently. 

Badge

The yodel was delivery was something else (my free BrewDog larger 😂)

I phoned up the sales team and I’ve been informed that some of the Arc’s orders have shipped today, but mine hasn’t due to the size of backlog and the capacity of the warehouse. I’ve been told my order will now ship on Monday and I should look out for the payment from my account, as they do that before issuing a tracking number apparently. 

Well isn’t that weird, my yodel delivery was my free BrewDog lager and my arc was due to ship today having been delayed twice!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I sent a message to support yesterday asking them to confirm it would ship today and at this time had no reply.

@Easen  all  I can do at this stage is hope mine will also ship on Monday 

Does anyone else have any other news on todays shipping or are we all waiting on a possible Monday shipping?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I sent a message to support yesterday asking them to confirm it would ship today and at this time had no reply.

Does anyone else have any other news on todays shipping or are we all waiting on a possible Monday shipping?

Likewise - and not a peep back. Business day has passed now in the UK no communication either way. Assuming it is delayed again. Poor customer service. 

Badge

Likewise - and not a peep back. Business day has passed now in the UK no communication either way. Assuming it is delayed again. Poor customer service. 

I messaged them too, no reply. Agreed, not managing expectations well.

Yeah, it’s not good. I noticed that Sonos’s CEO’s email is there on the contact us page if you want to let him know. I doubt you’ll get it quicker by sending him an email mind 😉, but I think he might be interested in knowing how badly they have handled setting our expectations etc. 

Hi All

I ordered an Arc,Sub 3 and 2 1sls on January 10.

The Sub 3 and 1 sls came in good time,the Arc the same as everyone else not so.

I got told last wednesday that Uk Arcs would be shipped next Friday (Feb 19th).

Didnt say mine though!

It says temp out of stock on my status page.

To be honest reading the comments I will believe it when I see it!

Im in the UK by the way

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Yeah, it’s not good. I noticed that Sonos’s CEO’s email is there on the contact us page if you want to let him know. I doubt you’ll get it quicker by sending him an email mind 😉, but I think he might be interested in knowing how badly they have handled setting our expectations etc. 

email sent with link to this thread. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. They can do better and he’s surely the one to sort it - systemically rather than for this point example granted. 

Badge

Well the 12th has come and gone, so much for last weeks promise.  
called support again and was told Arcs are in stock and some will ship today. However they couldn’t confirm that mine would be one of them. its now Friday evening so It looks like mine isn’t one of them. 
I ordered mine on the 4th of Jan anyone order earlier that the 4th and still waiting

Badge

Well the 12th has come and gone, so much for last weeks promise.  
called support again and was told Arcs are in stock and some will ship today. However they couldn’t confirm that mine would be one of them. its now Friday evening so It looks like mine isn’t one of them. 
I ordered mine on the 4th of Jan anyone order earlier that the 4th and still waiting

12th for me, I’m going to ask them to extend the warranty of the sub and ones when the arc arrives, I bought it to be a set!