Arc Backorder Progress

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

I placed my order on the Sonos site and got notification that it shipped today (9/23). 

Sorry I placed my actual order on 8/22. 

All,

Just as a another point for your reference:

Ordered on Sonos website: 8/20/2020

Charged me: 9/22/2020

Arrived: 9/28/2020

I ordered the Arc from Amazon on 8/27 and have not heard anything. I received a vague email from Amazon several days ago saying there were more delays and that there is still no estimated ship date.  Does anyone know if it is taking longer to ship when ordered from Amazon? Thanks!

I ordered the entire Sonos lineup for a home theater system (2 Ones, 1 Sub and 1 Arc) on Sep 2nd.

• Sub was in stock and brought home on the 2nd
  • 2 Ones arrive on Sep 10th
  • Still waiting on a shipping date for the Arc

I’ll update this post when I get the shipping date. 

Any other BestBuy customers out there receive a shipping date for the Arc ordered in Late Aug / Early Sep?

Finally got an update on this.  I received a noticed that the Arc is currently in transit and will arrive on (10/1). - purchased from BestBuy on (9/2)

All,

Just as a another point for your reference:

Ordered on Sonos website: 8/20/2020

Charged me: 9/22/2020

Arrived: 9/28/2020

I ordered on Sonos website on 8/24.

Charged on 9/23

Still hasn’t shipped as of 9/30

Calling sales yesterday resulted in a “I don’t know when it will ship” reply.

Bought the home theater system (arc, sub, 2 One SL) in white on 8/29; still shows back ordered on 10/1

Ordered a white arc on 9/4 on Sonos.com. No update as of October 1. I believe that the anticipated ship date shown in the orange banner on the site said September 25. 

Please say what country your in with messages as it’s likely that Sonos priorities some countries over others due to international issues.

I ordered the Arc from Amazon on 8/27 and have not heard anything. I received a vague email from Amazon several days ago saying there were more delays and that there is still no estimated ship date.  Does anyone know if it is taking longer to ship when ordered from Amazon? Thanks!

I had not heard anything from Amazon since my last post. Contacted customer service today who said it is expected to be available 10/11. Will post if I hear anything else. 

Bought the home theater system (arc, sub, 2 One SL) in white on 8/29; still shows back ordered on 10/1

Got a notification today that (10/5) that it is processing and my card was charged 

-Update

US West coast based. 

Ordered a white arc on 9/4 on Sonos.com. No update as of October 1. I believe that the anticipated ship date shown in the orange banner on the site said September 25. Dispatched on 10/5/2020. 

Received on 10/6/2020. 

in USA 

Ordered ARC and SUB (Gen 3) in White Color on Amazon - 09/27/2020

Charged (for Sub only) - 10/09/2020

Both Sub and ARC shows - Arriving Wednesday (assuming 10/14)

Neither show “shipped” yet

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Canada.  Ordered Entertainment Set (Arc & Sub) on October 5th.  Confirmation email said expected shipping from 10/16.  Submitted a contact form on 10/19 looking for an update.  Received an auto-response stating that they often replay within 1 business day.  Now the 22nd and still no response and no idea when the order will actually ship.  Sigh...1st world problems I guess...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Canada.  Ordered Entertainment Set (Arc & Sub) on October 5th.  Confirmation email said expected shipping from 10/16.  Submitted a contact form on 10/19 looking for an update.  Received an auto-response stating that they often replay within 1 business day.  Now the 22nd and still no response and no idea when the order will actually ship.  Sigh...1st world problems I guess...

Canada as well, ordered Oct 3 and had the same “shipping from 10/16” and have yet to get an update either.

Based on what I’m seeing here, seems it’s about a 3-4 week difference between order and shipping. Expecting to see something late next week.

Userlevel 1

Another Canada order for 10-10, backordered with expected shipping date 11-6.

Sooooo hard to wait!

To those that have received their Arc/ Sub ... was it worth the wait? Ordered mine 10/05

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Another Canada order for 10-10, backordered with expected shipping date 11-6.

Sooooo hard to wait!

So they went from an 11 day predicted backorder period to a 27 day backorder period in the span of 5 days.  Definitely not trending in a positive direction.  However, that gives me hope that my order may ship by that November 6th date.  Think of it like Christmas...it’s the anticipation that makes the reward that much greater.

Pretty disappointed in Sonos with the lack of stock. You call the sales line and you are on hold forever and just give up. Might have to switch to another companies product

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Pretty disappointed in Sonos with the lack of stock. You call the sales line and you are on hold forever and just give up. Might have to switch to another companies product

I can get my head around backordering...it’s happening everywhere...building materials, bikes, appliances, etc.  What troubles me is the other point you bring up: the lack of communication / updates even after submitting an additional separate inquiry.  Still crickets.  People don’t mind waiting for a good product but people don’t like to be ignored...I imagine the backordering has got them overwhelmed with inquiries for updates and they just choose to leave the phone off the hook.  I’m not losing any sleep over it...just work productivity. :wink:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Exactly the same dates here, Canada.  Still shows Backordered as the status on the web.  I ordered the 5.1.2 set and the Sonos stand for the One SLs.  Good news is I have the stands :-(.  I’m on a bit of a drive to a) modernize my components, and b) reduce excess clutter.  

I currently have a big Yamaha receiver, 7.1 speakers which are huge and have lots of wire mess, and I never have any 7.1 sources so I either simulate it in the Yamaha or just play straight and ignore a couple or more speakers.  All this feeding a LG C7 65” and an Xbox Series X on the way.  The main audio comes from optical out of the C7 but I find it clips with the Xbox One X that way so I feed optical direct from Xbox to Yamaha when playing that source.  The Series X gets rid of the optical out, one last nail in the Yamaha’s coffin.

Badge

Ordered the Arc from Sonos on 10/03/20 with an anticipated ship date of 10/30/20. Now it's 10/30/20 at 9:59pm EST and still says new order and once I click on it the status is back order. I can see why people are frustrated with the non-communication.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ordered the Arc from Sonos on 10/03/20 with an anticipated ship date of 10/30/20. Now it's 10/30/20 at 9:59pm EST and still says new order and once I click on it the status is back order. I can see why people are frustrated with the non-communication.

Where are you located?  I find it interesting that you ordered 10/03 and was told 10/30 would be the ship date while I ordered 10/05 and was given 10/16 as the ship date. The ship date has to be calculated automatically so I wonder what is factored into that equation. Someone who ordered 5 days after me was quoted 11/06 as the ship date. Maybe it’s a random number algorithm? 😜

Badge

I'm in New York City.

Badge +1

Replying mostly to follow the thread. Ordered the black arc and sub on 10/13. The banner said expected ship from 11/13. As of now, order status says back order. 

Based in Texas. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi All.

Welcome, just to share if you have any further questions or clarifications for your back order or late delivery

You can contact our sales team they are more than willing to answer all your inquiry.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.