Amp Backorder, is it actually shipping?

• 20 January 2022
  • 34 replies

I ordered a Sonos amp 12/24. Ship date was supposed to be 1/14 but now they are saying it’s delayed and don’t know when it will ship. My question is has anyone actually been receiving their orders at all or does the ship date just keep getting pushed back for everyone?  I’ve noticed these expected ship dates being displayed for the last 6 months. Has anyone actually received one?  

34 replies

I get that I’m just trying to see if there are still people from 6-12 months ago or more still waiting based on that same email. 

I ordered the amp on may 15 and now sept 8 still waiting 

If you call up they will give you a discount 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Reddit user recently posted a picture of a pallet of 100 Amps that just arrived, ordered in March. YMMV.

I recieved everything on time 🙄

I ordered two Amps on 9/2 from a reseller (Adorama), estimated ship date was 9/15. Then the estimate changed to 9/30. Since today is 9/30, and it hasn’t shipped, I’m expecting further delays. I talked to Adorama and they said Sonos isn’t able to provide them with a new estimated ship date. On the Sonos site, they’re now estimating mid-November.

Userlevel 1

Similar issue. Now waiting on 2 Ones. Supposed to ship in September.  Then yesterday.  Didn’t happen. It’s getting annoying. I called them and they basically said it should have shipped yesterday but didn’t.  I think what annoys me most is lack of communication and poor communication. 

What do you think @stylishfont is Sonos holding back on sales?

Following up from my earlier post, I have found two places online that have Amps in stock (and other Sonos items as well):

• BrandsMart USA - despite the unfortunate name, they had quite a bit of stock online (and in stores if you’re in GA or FL)
  • Datavision - also not a great name, but they had items in-stock as well when I checked over the weekend

You would think with the amount of marketing their doing to push their old & new products they would have more inventory than it seems.  Been 3+ months waiting on an amp and unless I reach out to them to check on the status, zero communications from them.  I can see why their stock continues to tumble.