Amp Backorder, is it actually shipping?

• 20 January 2022
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

I get that I’m just trying to see if there are still people from 6-12 months ago or more still waiting based on that same email. 

I ordered the amp on may 15 and now sept 8 still waiting 

If you call up they will give you a discount 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Reddit user recently posted a picture of a pallet of 100 Amps that just arrived, ordered in March. YMMV.

I recieved everything on time 🙄

I ordered two Amps on 9/2 from a reseller (Adorama), estimated ship date was 9/15. Then the estimate changed to 9/30. Since today is 9/30, and it hasn’t shipped, I’m expecting further delays. I talked to Adorama and they said Sonos isn’t able to provide them with a new estimated ship date. On the Sonos site, they’re now estimating mid-November.

Userlevel 1

Similar issue. Now waiting on 2 Ones. Supposed to ship in September.  Then yesterday.  Didn’t happen. It’s getting annoying. I called them and they basically said it should have shipped yesterday but didn’t.  I think what annoys me most is lack of communication and poor communication. 

What do you think @stylishfont is Sonos holding back on sales?

Following up from my earlier post, I have found two places online that have Amps in stock (and other Sonos items as well):

• BrandsMart USA - despite the unfortunate name, they had quite a bit of stock online (and in stores if you’re in GA or FL)
  • Datavision - also not a great name, but they had items in-stock as well when I checked over the weekend

You would think with the amount of marketing their doing to push their old & new products they would have more inventory than it seems.  Been 3+ months waiting on an amp and unless I reach out to them to check on the status, zero communications from them.  I can see why their stock continues to tumble.