Answered

Ambient music setup for multi floor retail showroom

• 9 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I need to add ambient music throughout a 4 floor retail space. All floors are open floorplan and around 2500sqft. Needs to be as simple as possible. 

I was thinking 4x Sonos Era 100 per floor, one in each corner near the ceiling pointing towards the center, mounted with the Era 100 mount.

Each floor will have its own wifi access point. 

What would be the best option for networking ands controlling all the speaker groups from one Ipad?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 May 2023, 01:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You should look into Sonos’ new service for businesses called Sonos Pro:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/sonos-pro

I did contact the new Pro service and had a demo call, but it was just a sales pitch for the actual software and streaming, not much help on the tech side. They did suggest to speak with a local installer… (btw, I will be signing up for the Pro service since it looks promising and the pricing is pretty low)

if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

I have no experience with the Pro service. If it allows remote (offsite) control, that will be an advantage for you. In any case be sure to pay any required music licensing fees.