Answered

Advice Building New Home with Home Theater

• 9 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Have picked out the Ultimate which includes the ARC, Subwofer, and 2 ERA 300s. I have 3 questions:

1. Do I Need, Should I get, 2 additional ERA 300s for the front of the room or will the ARC suffice? Is that overkill?
  2. Because of 11 or 12 foot ceiling should I get adjustable stands versus fixed for the two rear ERA 300s?
  3. I just purchased a Yamaha RX-A4A how will the Sonos system connect up to it?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 August 2023, 17:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

1. No, you cannot add front speakers to an Arc Home Theater package.  The Arc already has the front Left/Center/Right speakers.
  2. Shouldn’t make much of a difference.  The surrounds should be at ear level, and the Atmos channels will figure themselves out via Trueplay.
  3. You can’t incorporate a receiver into that package, Sonos Home Theater packages are meant to be used with no receiver. You could use the receiver in another room and connect Sonos to it via a Port.