Answered

Accidentally Upgraded

• 10 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I accidentally upgraded two products that I don’t want to upgrade. I was thinking it was an update, not upgrade. 

How do I release them from upgrade status?

icon

Best answer by James L. 10 September 2021, 15:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Can you be more clear about what you mean, please?

Did you put S2 on them, and wanted to stay on S1?

Or did you “submit” them to Sonos for the discount?

Sorry, I did the Submit to Sonos for the discount. 

Long story short, I had a technician here setting up my system (and doing some other AV things) and I had to leave to get my daughter. When I left the Sonos components were all on my app except the Move and he was going to try to add that. When I came back, only the Move was on my app and he left instructions to “update on Sonos”. So I was just trying everything on Sonos.com with my account and in the app and I upgraded instead of updated. 

Badge +17

Hey @construxboy,

There’s nothing to worry about here if you’ve hit upgrade on those products via sonos.com.

You’ll have two discount credits ready in your account for the next time you go to make a purchase from the Sonos.com store. There’s nothing you need to do, and your players will continue to work as they always have, though if you decide to sell those units in the future you should disclose that the discounts have been claimed :slight_smile:

OK, thanks James!