Answered

‘we can’t connect to Sonos’

• Contributor I
  • 5 replies

Recently I am repeatedly getting the cannot find your Sonas system. I follow the instructions to press a button on the nearest speaker, the app says connected, I press done and it returns to ‘cannot find your system’ message! I have not changed my router, I have tried turning it off and on again and whilst this restores the connection, it quickly drops out again. I have 2 x 3’s, 2x 1’s and a Play, none of them are hardwired and have always worked perfectly. I use an iPhone and an iPad as controller. 
Any ideas, anyone?

icon

Best answer by ClausN 18 April 2021, 18:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging all of your Sonos speakers from power for about a minute.

Are any of your speakers close enough to your router where you could directly connect it with an ethernet cable?

Thanks. Yes I’ve tried both and whilst the system picks up the individual speakers when connected by Ethernet cable, they drop out when unplugged and reconnected. Agh!!! 

Userlevel 7

Can you keep onespeaker connected to your router at all times?

Do you happen to use a BT router? 

No not really. The router is in the hallway.

Yes a Smarthub 2.

Okay, BT routers are known to mess up Sonos. There are several threads in this forum.

Okay noted, however the hub went in over 6 months ago and it’s been fine until recently. The previous BT hub was also fine. The BT App recognises that the Sonas speakers are on the WiFi. 

Yes, but a recent update by BT messed things up.

As @GuitarSuperstar suggests, wiring one of the speakers may clear things up.

I have but can’t maintain permanently due to location of router. 

Then follow the advise given by Sonos in the link I provided earlier.