Answered

Volume level and loudness more pronounced with earc?

• 28 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I have noticed that Spotify music and volume in general from earc (LG GX) to my Sonos arc sub and one SL has nearly double the volume from just streaming directly from Spotify. (Surrounds are in ambient mode). This makes the loudness feature too pronounced as well and seems to exaggerating the bass even in moderate to high volumes. This affect movies and gaming as well. 

I try to keep loudness off when using the tv and on when streaming music directly from the app.

Is the loudness correctly applied with tv in mind?

I have checked that my TV doesn't have a setting to output more volume.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 28 April 2022, 21:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If you have surround speakers set up, and those speakers are too loud, perhaps you want to change the settings for that.  Height channel volume could be an issue too, but I doubt it.  You already mentioned the Night Sound setting.

As you suspected,  Sonos doesn’t have any control of the base line volume that  it receives via the TV, so it’s not surprising that the volume between TV and direct streaming is different.

I don't have a problem with surround speakers, I have them on ambient most of the time and I don't use night mode at all. It is just that the loudness toggle using the tv is actually worsening the sound quality by turning the bass up way too much. I will leave it to off.