Trueplay problem since update to 14.12

• 23 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have the arc, sub (gen 2) and 2x Ones in the rear. I recently received the notification that my trueplay configuration had been reset as part of an update….super annoying.

Anyway, when I try and retune the system I receive and error before it even starts (see below). I’m using iOS.

This happens before the first part of the process, and I can’t seem to figure out why. When I cancel and try again I always get the same error.

Has anyone else seen this issue and been able to resolve?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

What is the iOS device that you’re using here? What version of the OS is installed on the mobile device?

Badge +20

Had this once and needed a reboot of my iPad to make it work.

Badge

What is the iOS device that you’re using here? What version of the OS is installed on the mobile device?

I’m on an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 15.5.

I’ve tried restarting my phone but the problem is still there.

I’m on an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 15.5.

I’ve tried restarting my phone but the problem is still there.

Maybe just check for any phone and App updates and then perhaps try again. You might want to also try power-cycling the Arc/surrounds too as I’ve not seen others reporting being unable to tune the device since the last App/firmware update.

Ken_Griffiths:

I think @bicster is experiencing the same Trueplay not initializing that I had earlier this weekend. Trueplay just won’t initialize for the Arc and Sub, after a recent update. When I saw this issue, I was in my Beta Program account. Reverted back to main branch (non-beta), and my Trueplay was totally able to run without issue.

Actually enjoying quality sound again, thank goodness.

@bicster I would recommend getting your support diagnostic number on here as soon as you can to diagnose your issues. In Sonos App → Support → Submit Diagnostics