Answered

The connection to Spotify was lost

• 18 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Why is this happening again with the last update? Nothing has changed but now Sonos cannot connect to Spotify? Yes we have restarted everything, unplugged, rebooted, removed accounts and added again. Same result. Diagnostics submitted again.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 May 2021, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bmans 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues you’re having playing Spotify. They can be annoying when infrequent and infuriating when regular.

I can see that all your Sonos components are having trouble refreshing connections to your Eero mesh. Ideally, we’d want to separate your 2.4 & 5GHz bands but as your Eero won’t allow this, the single best thing you can do for your entire Sonos system would be to connect any one Sonos unit to the main Eero node with an ethernet cable, and to keep the two devices 1m apart. Please don’t use the Sub for this, and preferably use one of your Play:5s (as they’re in charge of the room groups).

This ethernet-wired unit will transmit a new WiFi network just for Sonos to use, and each Sonos unit will rebroadcast it, resulting in a second mesh system. If your router is in a location where you don’t want a speaker, I recommend you place and connect one of your Play:1s there to test fully, and if it helps things then replace it with a Sonos Boost.

If all this helps and you keep running your system with an ethernet-wired unit, I recommend you remove the Eero WiFi credentials from your Sonos system. Settings » System » Network » Manage Networks » [Your WiFi] » Remove.

This makes your entire system reliant on that one wired speaker and it’s ethernet cable, so if you’re ever unable to connect to Sonos in the app, that speaker and the cable is where to start looking for things unplugged (or to reboot).

If you don’t have spare ethernet port on your Eero node, you can get an ethernet switch for about 20 creds (£$€).

Finally, if this improves things but the system struggles with playback on larger groups, I recommend you connect a second Sonos device to ethernet that goes back to the main Eero node (if possible) or to a second Eero node. This will only be of use if the two ethernet-wired units are basically at opposite ends of your Sonos system (so the connection load for other rooms is shared between the wired devices).

I hope this helps.