Answered

Spotify playlists skipping forward during first song

• 24 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Two days ago, my Spotify playlists started skipping forward to the next song within ten seconds of playing the first song. Prior to that I have never experienced this problem and nothing has changed in my home network setup. If I go back to the first song after it skips forward, it will play through. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 May 2021, 10:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Turn_it_up 

Thanks for your post!

It’s always worth checking our Status Page to verify a service has no current issue. As there are none with Spotify (at least, not when I looked now), I would therefore assume something is either going wrong on the player, or on the network.

Please switch your WiFi router and Sonos equipment off. Once the router has been off for 30 seconds, switch it back on and only give Sonos power again when WiFi is up-and-running.

Wait for solid white lights and then test Spotify again. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Turn_it_up 

There has been a higher volume of issues reported on Spotify over the last few days. Not all users are affected (so it’s still not listed as an outage) - we’re currently investigating the situation and have informed Spotify.