Answered

spotify can’t connect or add songs to queue

• 28 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have run into some issues with my Sonos and Spotify. Sonos can’t add songs to the queue, sometimes Sonos can’t connect to Spotify, I have seen errors 701 and 1001. I have searched through the support pages and have tried to solve it myself first. What have I missed?

I have two Sonos play 1’s and a sub in one group, and another Play 1 in a different group (room). 

Here’s what I already tried:

Reset/reboot router

Restart Sonos hardware

Assign static Ip's

Reinstall Sonos app

Also all of the above in different order

I should mention that it has worked without problems for years. I have the problems a few weeks now. 

I have sent a diagnostics report to Sonos (1635708822). I don't know if any of you have access to that? It's a report just a few minutes after restarting router and sonos, and the problems where there…

I am hoping for some insight from you :-) Thanks!

icon

Best answer by themountains 1 March 2021, 15:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi.  The diagnostic should be picked up by one of the Sonos team and it is probably not worth doing lots more troubleshooting before that.  You have already done some sensible things.  Other things you might try:

1. Change the channel on your 2.4GHz wifi band.  Use fixed 1, 6 or 11.
  2. If the router has ‘band steering’ or ‘QoS’ enabled, disable them.
  3. (Unlikely to help here, I feel) Remove then re-add your Spotify account to Sonos.

Hi John,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have now set the wifi channel fixed on 1. Qos was already disabled. This doesn’t seem to have fixed things. 

I will save option 3 for if nothing else helps :-)

Do you know if the diagnostics report will be picked up by Sonos because I mentioned it here?

I managed to find a (temporary) solution. I put the subwoofer in a place where I could connect an ethernet cable. In the Sonos app I turned off the wireless connection to my WiFi. And it worked! So it looks like the problem is well hidden in my router configuration.