Speaker crackling

• 28 November 2020
  • 3 replies

One of my surround sound speakers (one) is crackling. I have tried unpairing and re-pairing and moving the speaker to see in anything next to it is interfering. Diagnostic number 346009813.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Lietep.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report, since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Can you try to temporarily hardwire the speaker using the ethernet cable and see if theirs any changes?

If still no effect then that's the time we need to factory data reset the speaker to see if this is a software or hardware issue.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks @Mark P 

I have tried both these options and neither fixed the issue.

I have noted that the speakers only crackle when I believe that they should be silent. My testing showed they crackle when playing a pcm source with no source sound from the speakers or when playing directly with low frequencies.

I also noted that the issue is specific to my gen 2 Sonos ones. I can replicate the problem on all 3 of the gen 2 ones I own. When running the same tests with my 2 gen 1 Sonos ones they are silent in the places the gen 2 speakers crackle.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Lietep.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Since you already tried the factory data reset and the speaker is still crackled.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted more.

Also, they can verify if your speaker is still within the warranty period.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.