Answered

Soundcloud - unable to add songs to queue

Userlevel 2

Hi, 

I’ve been having trouble playing songs from Soundcloud.

In the past 2 days, when I try to add a new song from Soundcloud, I get a message ‘unable to add songs to the queue’

Existing soundcloud songs in my playlist plays fine, just can’t add new ones.

I tried powering off all sonos components, and also power cycled my modem/router. 

No luck, still unable to add songs from soundcloud to my queue

Playing other services like mixcloud, is OK. 

Support Diagnostics sent 1406514248

Thanks

Andrew

icon

Best answer by James L. 4 June 2021, 09:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

my Sonos setup is facing the same issues with Soundcloud since a few days… :(

Userlevel 1

I 2nd that problem here too, specifically tracks that appear under the SoundCloud stream list.  If I like those same tracks via the Soundcloud app I can then add them to the queue under SoundCloud / Likes.  I’ve removed the soundcloud subscription from Sonos and readded still without success.

The problem has been occurring for the best part of a week now I think.

I am having the same problem. For about a week bow i an unable to play any new songs from soundcloud. It always states unable to add to que. is there any update on how to fix this its pretty frustrating.

Userlevel 2

Just got this issue escalated up via Sonos support - they were able to replicate the issue, so I suspect it might be a global thing

Userlevel 1

Just got this issue escalated up via Sonos support - they were able to replicate the issue, so I suspect it might be a global thing

Thanks for the update, that’s good news!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Also having this issue with Soundcloud “Unable to add to the queue”

Good to hear that Sonos are now looking into it, also a thread regarding this in Ask a Question.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the problem will be fixed quickly.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the problem will be fixed quickly.

Still not working here but I always have been impatient :wink:

Same here, please fix soon.

Thanks for the update, that’s good news!

Any update in this issue? Im still having the same issue this is kinda making my home workouts not so exciting anymore trying to find another way to hear music to get pumped.

Experiencing the same here. Super annoying. 

Add me to this list - can’t add songs to Sonos queue from Soundcloud stream, but can from Soundcloud likes.  

Hope this is fixed soon as it used to work perfectly.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m having the same problem as everyone else. Weird thing is that i found a few new tracks in my stream that seem to be working but most are not. 

-Edit- I van confirm with the observation from Wadded that if you like the track on Soundcloud itself (website or app) you can play it via the Sonos app.

​​​​​​Plus 1 on this issue. Primary issue is not being able to add songs to the queue from the Stream option.

Hi,

Same issue here :(

Same… ‘Liked’ tracks will play but nothing on ‘Stream’.

Badge +17

Hey folks,

We’re aware of an issue affecting Soundcloud whereby attempting to start playback from the "Stream" and "Hot & New" containers, users are met with the error message "unable to add tracks to the queue" and subsequently can't start playback. Other areas of the Soundcloud service should not be affected. We are working with Soundcloud to resolve the issue, but don't have any further information to share at this time. 

We’ll post an update here once the issue has been resolved or if there are any further updates to share.

I’ve found a hack that is not ideal but gets music playing… You need to have a (just one) SONOS that has AirPlay and an Apple device with the SoundCloud app:

SoundCloud app > Play stream > AirPlay to SONOS device > You can then ‘Group’ the speakers you want to play on (if it’s not the AirPlay speaker you want to use).

Not ideal as it uses Bluetooth which has limitations.

Problem seems to be fixed i can play from the stream now

Badge +17

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We can confirm that this issue has been resolved. If you continue to experience issues, please get in touch with our customer care team :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We can confirm that this issue has been resolved. If you continue to experience issues, please get in touch with our customer care team :slight_smile:

Thank you!  I can confirm this is indeed resolved, so thank you James/Sonos. :ok_hand_tone1: