Answered

Sonos Roam glowing orange light

• 15 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi All,

I have just purchased a sonos roam, when turned off after a while an orange light sort of glows at bottom of speaker, what is this and why does it do it even if turned off ?

Cheers for help Nick

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 August 2021, 00:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

BatteryLight-Orange-Static.svg

Solid orange

The portable Sonos product is charging. The light will show for ten seconds after the portable Sonos product has been connected to power. The product will continue charging when the light turns off.

BatteryLight-Orange-Blinking.svg

Flashing orange

The portable Sonos product has a low battery (<15%).

If you would like to keep the Roam charged longer, press and hold the button on the back for five seconds until you hear a chime to shut it off completely rather than just putting it to sleep.

My light stays on forever. And how do I know when it’s done charging.  Can it charge while listening?

My light stays on forever. And how do I know when it’s done charging.  Can it charge while listening?

The Sonos device LED lights/colours are explained here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226

If you continue to encounter an issue with your device, then perhaps submit a system diagnostic report and note it’s reference and then contact Sonos Support Staff via this LINK

My Roam also keeps its orange light on until I unplug the charging cable. 

My Roam also keeps its orange light on until I unplug the charging cable. 

Maybe some work differently on some other chargers? You could perhaps contact/text-chat with the Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what they say about the matter.