Sonos App broken on Iphone XS Max?

• 3 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I just got a new phone, and for some reason the same day my Sonos system breaks (Unable to play through Spotify on my laptop).

I have tried to connect to my system with my new phone without any luck. So Instead I have began resetting my speakers and trying to create a new system.

Now, the application can find my speakers, but when I press ‘go to device settings’ after having pressed ‘install this product’ during the device setup. Nothing happends, the button press registers but then nothing further happends.

I did not have these issues on my old Iphone 8 but I don’t have access to that one anymore. How would one resolve this?

I have Sonos Play:1 speakers if that is helpful and I am using the Sonos S1 app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Jonas Valfridsson, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos system. I’ll ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• What is the light status on the Sonos speaker?
  • Have you tried to connect to an existing system while the speaker is hardwired to the router and check if it will detect the existing Sonos system?
  • If you did a Factory reset to the speaker, initially it would blink green light and once it’s successfully set up it should be solid white light. 
  • Have you tried it on another device controller where you have the Sonos App if that will work?

Answers to these questions will help us check what is causing this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.