Answered

Sonos, Alexa and music services

I am thoroughly disgusted with the Sonos support world.  I have had Sonos speakers for several years, and bough a Move about a year ago.  Recently, I put my order in for the Roam; going to send it back when it gets here unless this is resolved within the next 5 business days.  Out of the blue, and as several people have stated, my speakers say, “Playing xxx from Amazon”, after I ask Alexa to do so, and nothing plays.  This is for ALL online services...MLB, Amazon, TuneIn, etc.  I have done ALL troubleshooting tasks including taking it to my business network.  None of it has worked.  Tired of hearing the same blah, blah, blah, from Sonos.  What is the fix????  I’ve invested over $3000 over the years, and used to recommend these to all my friends...Never again!!!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 May 2021, 00:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Well, well, well.  Now that I made my post, I see that Sonos support is non-existent in the entire world.  People are way too nice on these posts considering what Sonos charges and they do NOT support things except for “disconnect” / “reboot” / “disable then re-enable”.  I’m sure I will get booted off of here because Sonos does not know how to answer these posts with intelligence.  Moving on to Bose...Now I’ll have a $400 Move Bird Feeder (actually looks kinda cool when you hollow it out).

Userlevel 7

Have you removed the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and re-added it? How about rebooting your router?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This may be because yesterday there was an Alexa/Sonos outage.  Did your issue continue through today?  I’ve never known a negative post get deleted, regardless of the level of emotion or lack of facts! :nerd:

My issue began 8 days ago.  I contacted Sonos support, no answer outside of "the Community has resolved the issue".  I'm thoroughly disgusted as you can tell.  Unfortunately, I'm in IT, and I know all of the troubleshooting efforts.  I feel bad for those I've supported in the past because I realize their frustration now more than ever.  This should not be this difficult for the cost of the speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

My issue began 8 days ago.  I contacted Sonos support, no answer outside of "the Community has resolved the issue".  I'm thoroughly disgusted as you can tell.  Unfortunately, I'm in IT, and I know all of the troubleshooting efforts.  I feel bad for those I've supported in the past because I realize their frustration now more than ever.  This should not be this difficult for the cost of the speakers.

That’s good, a background in IT will help investigate the specifics of your issue, hopefully my 22 yrs in IT system Integration will also bring some small benefit.

They have been some acknowledged issues with the Alexa integration recently, specifically around the need to ask Alexa twice for the same music - Sonos have acknowledged an issue with this, and are working with Amazon to try and resolve this issue.  There hasn’t been an update other than confirmation that they are both investigating the issue.

You may want to look at my following post for a more generic issue:

Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

If this is something that you have already checked due to your IT knowledge, then please come back to the forum with some more specific fault diagnostic and testing that you have undertaken.  

I sent in my diagnostic information with no reply. Tips and Tricks did nothing.  

Is UKMedia customer support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I sent in my diagnostic information with no reply. Tips and Tricks did nothing.  

Is UKMedia customer support?

If I am. I need to put in a claim for back pay!

Thanks for your effort!

Note that as mentioned in Diagnostics - How do they work? thread, just submitting a diagnostic is only part of the equation. You would then need to either call them with the number, or post that number here for a moderator to pick up. Those of us who are community members and not employees would not have access to that data.

So, are you Sonos Support?  If so, you have my number and my products.  If not support, then again, no response.

So, are you Sonos Support?  If so, you have my number and my products.  If not support, then again, no response.

This is mostly a Sonos user community and any Sonos Staff that are about here, from time to time, are clearly marked. See my attached ‘example’ screenshot to help you identify Staff Members.

You are probably best to either chat online, or call the Support Staff, via the links on the Customer Support page. Please see below:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact