Answered

Song not correctly encoded correctly -Amazon Music

• 18 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Yesterday I started getting an error message when playing songs from my playlist...this only happens with the Amazon music streaming service. The error code is this song is not correctly encoded. I can add a song to the playlist, and play that but anything that was added before yesterday will not play and gives off this error message.Coincidentally, I also upgraded to Amazon HD music yesterday. No issues playing any other streaming services. 

I have rebooted my router (hard reset)

I have also reset multiple speakers

Please help! 

Diagnostics submitted: 2108077815

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 18 May 2021, 16:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @MoosicLover, thanks for starting a new thread :)

Just to confirm, is this happening when you start playback from the Sonos app?

From the diagnostics, I suspect that Sonos is being pointed to the wrong location, potentially related to your recent change in subscription, and that this is causing the playback of songs added to playlists on the previous subscription to fail.

Would it be possible to remove and then re-add the Amazon Music account to the Sonos system? It may be worth giving the router another reboot before doing so for good measure as well - let us know how you get on :)

Thank you for the quick response. I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately I am getting the same error message. 

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood, thanks for trying that. Are these Sonos playlists, or Amazon Music playlists that you’re having trouble with?

If you remove a song from the playlist, and then replace it, are you able to play that song again?

Sorry I should have clarified, yes these are Sonos playlists. I just tried to remove a song from the Sonos playlist and then re-add it and it is playing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood - I’ve checked this with some of the senior engineers, and it looks like Amazon isn’t providing an alternative when the SD track is requested, causing the playback to fail. 

Other than manually recreating the playlists, I’m not sure if there’s an easy way around this I’m afraid.

One option may be to export the Sonos playlist, and then import it to Amazon Music directly. Please note that this is not supported, and we can’t say whether it will work or not, but @controlav may have some pointers on how to achieve this :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can export a Sonos playlist using my iOS app (see profile) then import it into Amazon Music using the Soundiiz web site. Video of the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzuGaAG10zc&t=2s

Thank you... Unfortunately I Don't have an IOS device, so it looks like it's going to be a manual process for me. Lesson learned, will have to save the playlist in Amazon not Sonos.

Thank you all for the help.