I’ve had the Roam for a week now and this has happened three time - the four top controls (play/pause, volume up & down, mic on/off) all don’t do anything after the device comes out of standby. No action, no LED changes, no audio cues indicating recognition of the press.
- All devices and controllers are up to date.
- Play/pause, volume, mic on/off all respond via the app.
- I’ve repeatedly checked the settings to verify that the control setting (System → device → Touch Controls) is enabled.
- When in the failed state, toggling the Touch Controls or Status Light settings does nothing.
- When the unit is working properly, those settings take effect immediately.
- The device has been at 50%+ battery charge.
- A full reset (which requires using the play/pause button) after the first occurrence did not fix the problem - it cleared on its own overnight while connected to a USB charger.
- I left it on the wireless charger overnight during the second occurrence, it was still unresponsive the next day.
- Connecting via BlueTooth does clear the problem.
So - known issue (haven’t seen it mentioned elsewhere yet)? Software bug that can/will be fixed? Defective unit that can be returned for a replacement?