Answered

New ASUS AX3000 Router USB Music Library

• 19 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Just upgraded to a new ASUS RT-AX3000 Router and got everything working included my SONOS system. Then wen moving the Music USB drive to the ASUS router and setting it up per the helpful into on this forum, it seems to work for about 5 secs and then throughs the following message...” Music Files Not Available - '(music server path)’ is no longer available. The device where the music files are stored may not be powered on, or the path may have changed.”  The device is powered on and the path was not changed. 

I have submitted the diagnostic information and the confirmation number is: 1409766191.

Please help. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by James L. 20 January 2022, 16:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @RDLinKY,

Thanks for the diagnostic. I’ve spotted a couple of things here - 

1. It looks like we’re trying to resolve the hostname of your router to a private IP in a completely different range. Your players and router use the 192.168.x.x range, but when we’re trying to access your USB drive it’s resolving to an IP in the 10.x.x.x range, and subsequently failing. Do you know if this is intentional?
  2. I’ve spotted a hardware failure related to the wireless card on your Great Room Playbase that should be addressed. I don’t think it’s entirely related to this issue, but it’s something I need to mention.

I highly suggest getting in touch with our customer care team - if only to have the issue with your Playbase resolved.

Hello James,

Thank you for looking at the diagnostic log.

1. The old (and mush slower) router that I replaced used the same USB drive and it was setup in the 10.x.x.x range. I just moved the USB drive to the new ASUS router in the 192.168.x.x range and it should be the only active one. The old router was taken offline on Jan 16 or 17 (not sure exactly) so there should not be any activity in the 10.x.x.x range and if there is, it’s not intentional. However, I just remembered that yesterday (Jan 19) I took out the shared music library folder that was referencing the 10.x.x.x range so maybe you were seeing the Sonos system looking for the old location.
    I just tried adding the shared music library folder that is on the USB in the new router and got the same error. It seems to try and work but after 5 or 10 seconds it failed and sent an updated diagnostic report 475231904. Any other ideas?
  2. As for the hardware failure related to the wireless card on your Great Room Playbase, that must be why I was hearing my left+right+sub cutout on occasion. Several weeks ago I was able to run an Ethernet cable to each and it seems to be working fine. I will contact the Sonos customer care to report this. Thank you.
  3. In case it helps, here is the setup with network connection of my system:
  • Playbase(Great Rm-Center) [Wired]/Play1(Great Rm-Left) [Wired]/Play1(Great Rm-Right) [Wired]/Sub((Great Rm) [Wired]
  • Beam (Hearth Rm) [Wired]
  • Play5(Kitchen) [Wireless]
  • Roam [Wireless]
  • Connect (Whole House) [Wired]

Thanks.

Badge +17

I replaced used the same USB drive and it was setup in the 10.x.x.x range. I just moved the USB drive to the new ASUS router in the 192.168.x.x range and it should be the only active one. The old router was taken offline on Jan 16 or 17 (not sure exactly) so there should not be any activity in the 10.x.x.x range and if there is, it’s not intentional. However, I just remembered that yesterday (Jan 19) I took out the shared music library folder that was referencing the 10.x.x.x range so maybe you were seeing the Sonos system looking for the old location.
I just tried adding the shared music library folder that is on the USB in the new router and got the same error. It seems to try and work but after 5 or 10 seconds it failed and sent an updated diagnostic report 475231904. Any other ideas?

Ah okay, that makes sense. I can see now that it’s attempting to resolve in the correct range, but it’s failing with an error relating to being unable to access the listed directory. This could be an issue with permissions, or a general network issue. Our customer care team should be able to work through this with you when you contact them.

As for the hardware failure related to the wireless card on your Great Room Playbase, that must be why I was hearing my left+right+sub cutout on occasion. Several weeks ago I was able to run an Ethernet cable to each and it seems to be working fine. I will contact the Sonos customer care to report this. Thank you.

Yes, that’s likely the reason why. It seems to me that the wireless card on the unit has failed which would prevent it from talking to your surrounds and Sub wirelessly. Hardwiring them would get around that issue for sure.