Question

Multiple Sonos Accounts

• 5 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

The sonos android app will not let me log out of my account and enter another account.  
“Enter the account information for B****e@gmail.com  Email  <blank>  Password:  <blank”

When I enter an email that is not B***e@gmail.com.  I receive a message, “The email and password you entered did not match our records.”  This is clearly incorrect information since I can log on to the web site.  I have cleared cache and storage for the app to no avail.

I frequently need to access and configure multiple different accounts including my brother in law’s system and a vacation home that is set up on a different email (so the VRBO families do not have access to my setup).

Help

Mike

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jmkramer, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern as well as the step that you did. Let me share some information with you.

Your Sonos system is still linked to the old email account. Since you are using another Sonos account, you may now proceed to perform the next step to transfer your Sonos to your other email account.

Here are the steps that you can follow to transfer your Sonos system.

1. Open the Sonos app on your mobile device.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System > Transfer System Ownership.
  3. Enter your Sonos account password and tap Sign In.
    • Note: If you don’t know the password for your account and don’t have access to the email currently in use, tap Cancel and return to the Settings tab. Tap Account > Sign Out and then System > Transfer System Ownership to complete the process. This will allow you to re-register your system under a new email address.
  4. Tap Transfer.
  5. Enter the email for the new account, acknowledge the privacy statement, and tap Continue.

Once the transfer is complete, check for Sonos updates. If the steps listed above do not resolve your issue, I recommend you to contact our phone support team for further assistance.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.