Answered

LG C1 and Apple TV 4K 2021

• 25 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello 

I have question I have an Apple TV 4K 2021 and LG C1, and connected to sonos playbase with surround and sub. When I play YouTube from LG webos the Sonos app shows Dolby digital 2.0 and it sounds louder and better while I play the same YouTube content from Apple TV YouTube app the sonos app shows as stereo pcm and I have to increase the volume to match the webos app. The same happens for curiosity stream and other apps as well. Is there a way to get the Dolby digital 2.0 on the Apple TV ? Many thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 October 2021, 05:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

It sounds like the LG is taking the stereo audio from the native YouTube app and encoding and decoding it to Dolby Digital 2.0. You might try adjusting the HDMI Input Audio Format and Digital Sound Output settings on the TV to see if it can do the same for the stereo audio from the Apple TV. If not, then you are stuck with Stereo PCM.