Answered

Google Home app with Sonos Beam

• 6 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I hade tried everything for 1 week but i really can’t get it to work.

Is Google Home app only working with speakers from Google?

Sonos has been added in the app but i can’t get it to play music trough Google Home app, but the Sonos Tv-remote does work?

(also when i’m not connected to my Wi-Fi I can’t reach the Sonos system but that’s maybe normal?)

/M

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 6 October 2021, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is Google Home app only working with speakers from Google?

In short yes.  Some content provider i.e. Spotify allow for the audio to be controlled and output to Sonos plays from within the content providers App.

(also when i’m not connected to my Wi-Fi I can’t reach the Sonos system but that’s maybe normal?)

To use the Sonos App, your controlling device must be logged into the same network as your players. This is of course, unless you are using the portable Roam or Move in BT mode.

Hi again,

Thanks, but as you can see my Sonos Beam is connected but when i choose Spotify Premium there is no speaker to choose?

Hi again,

Thanks, but as you can see my Sonos Beam is connected but when i choose Spotify Premium there is no speaker to choose?

That’s correct - you won’t find Sonos devices in that Media list in the Google Home App - the different (Sonos/Google) branded speakers do not play together. So you perhaps need to use the native Spotify or Sonos App.. although you can initiate/control the Spotify playback to Sonos products using the Google assistant.