Answered

beam crackling sound

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

My beam started getting crackling sound after using it after sometime.. i removed tuning after seeing the suggestions from the forums but still the issue remains the same.. diagnostic information number is 2011239240

please advise 

Regards.

Rajesh

icon

Best answer by Paul A 30 June 2020, 23:44

Hi @mailsubrahmanya.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out as well as for submitting a diagnostic.

I would like to share with you some information indicated on the diagnostic.

According to the diagnostic, the Sonos Beam is receiving a Pause Burst codec from the TV via HDMI to optical adapter. At the moment the diagnostic was submitted, TV audio was being generated from the TV through the Beam however the Sonos Beam is unable to interpret the signal coming from the TV. I would like to suggest going through the TV menu of your Samsung TV and look for Audio quality inside settings. I would suggest changing it from it’s current option to either PCM or Dolby Digital.

I would like to refer you to this guide on what Sonos Home Theater support via audio format.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns

Thanks,

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @mailsubrahmanya.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out as well as for submitting a diagnostic.

I would like to share with you some information indicated on the diagnostic.

According to the diagnostic, the Sonos Beam is receiving a Pause Burst codec from the TV via HDMI to optical adapter. At the moment the diagnostic was submitted, TV audio was being generated from the TV through the Beam however the Sonos Beam is unable to interpret the signal coming from the TV. I would like to suggest going through the TV menu of your Samsung TV and look for Audio quality inside settings. I would suggest changing it from it’s current option to either PCM or Dolby Digital.

I would like to refer you to this guide on what Sonos Home Theater support via audio format.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns

Thanks,