Answered

Your Sonos Roam has been added, but may not appear in the system

• 28 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I have two roam devices which were a pain to set up the first time around, but after the initial set up worked fine for about 3 months. We changed our network, so I tried to change the network on the S2 App. After that they stopped working completely, so I factory reset them (many times) until one of the two devices worked. The second one still does not want to get set up properly. I can add it, but after the add the message “Your Sonos Roam has been added, but may not appear in the System tab. If so, press and hold the power button for 5 Seconds, then turn your Sonos Roam back on to finish setup from the System tab.” shows up. I do as I am told, turn the Sonos off and on again and nothing. I cannot complete setting it up, I cannot update its software, sometimes if I am very lucky, I see a popup where I can adjust the network but that will not work either. And at this point I have tried for what feels like 100 times. I do not know what else to do. I do not think it is my network as my other roam works just fine, and I can play music from my computer or my phone. It is the second one that just par tout does not want to work.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 January 2024, 19:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@paper_airplane 

Asking for many details about your network and getting into deep over here imho would be the search for the needle in the grass. 
So I recommend to contact Sonos support by phone, send a diagnosis and hopefully they’ll find the reason with help of their tools. 

Ensure the Sonos controller mobile device meets these system requirements:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

Maybe see if a Sonos App ‘reset’ and a reboot of both the mobile controller device and local router will resolve the matter for you. See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-the-sonos-app

The router WiFi network needs to be 802.11b/g/n backward compatible and if not using already, try the setup whilst using security mode WPA2 personal with AES encryption …and see if that gets the Roam setup on your existing Sonos system.