Skip to main content

Sono i changed my router and then reconnected the Sonos. My app said that my Sonos was not detected and I needed to upgrade the app. I attempted this many times but the upgrade never completed. Now a new message appears saying that I need the Sonos 2 app which I cannot find anywhere on Apple Store. The only Sonos 2 apps I can find are pay for apps not by Sonos and I have noticed that there is also some strange disclaimer about using Sonos in conjunction with other apps. My Sonos has now been unfit for purpose for 2 months. My questions has anyone risolver this problem and has anyone set up a consumer litigation group to bring legal action. I am aware  of precedent of a similar case with Audi

I have tried connecting with the customer services on chat but have not got anywhere. Seems like corporate gaslighting 

This is a very confusing post. Can you answer a few questions?

1. Have you been using the S1 app (grey) or the old S2 app (golden)
  2. What Sonos speakers/devices do you own?
  3. Are your speakers/devices connected wireless or hardwired? Do you have a Bridge or Boost?
  4. When you changed your router, did you use the same SSID and pastas the old router?

The new app is free and is in the AppStore. It is black in color

I connect with Sonos 1. The system tells me that it can detect speakers but I need the Sonos 2 app to connect, when I click ‘get Sonos 2 app’ it takes me to Sonos 1  app. When I search Apple App Store I can’t find the old brown coloured app that I used to use not can I find any app by Sonos named Sonos 2. 

Wi-Fi connected. I don’t understand the last question at all sorry 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

If it helps all other equipment in house using WiFi switched easily 

It seems you have both S2 products and S1 products. It is not possible, right now, to downgrade S2 firmware to S1. 
can you list what Sonos devices you currently have? If they are all S2 compatible you may be better off upgrading all of them.

This is the new app in the AppStore:

I k ok my have a Sonos one speaker the one that shows in the photo. I was led to upgrade the software to Sonos 2 app which cannot find any Sonos devices 

So I have the 2 apps above the one listed as Sonos and the Sonos s 1 .   I do not have an app called S2 I have searched for it and cannot find it

hello any help?????? i have both apps and it is impossible to play music 

Since your speaker is already been updated to the new app, you have no choice but to use the Sonos app for now and forget about the S1 app. The new “Sonos” app IS the S2 app by the way.

For now it also seems you may have to find a way to have the speaker hardwired to your network. 

i have tried connect with a cable, i have returned to factory settings,  sonos 2 app doesa not detect the sonos one system. It is not compatible with sono one hardware. Sonos says it is necessary to downgrade, but the downgrade software i not yet available.  It is not mentioned on the CEO apology letter.  Neither is any momention of the gaslighting since May.  i’m reading in this community that even people who have paid for upto 8k of sonos equipment installed are in the same situation professional installation teams can’t seem to can’t seem to get them working.  My question is to Sonos.  Is… Will these systems ever work again? And do they intend recompense people for the damage has caused to people’s fully functioning hardware?